Extra - Chapter 2

Extra - Chapter 2: You Found Me!

It was October 31, the day every kid had been anticipating.

It was Halloween.

Houses decorated with spooky decorations. Candies are prepared inside the people's homes, excited to welcome the kids with their sweets.

Kids were walking around the street, wearing different costumes with small baskets at their hands. Everyone was happily talking with their group of friends, seeming to enjoy the Halloween night.

Wei Ying, who was still standing by the window of their house, only stared silently at the group of kids outside. He was already in his Halloween costume but he didn't go out.

His mother then came with a bowl and an already ripped-off pack of candy in each of her hands. She poured the candies into the bowl while watching her son looking only outside their house.

Wei Ying leaned his face closer to the window, his face already against the glass of the window.

Cangse Sanren was somewhat worried but she asked, "A-Ying, do you want some candies?"

The small boy shook his head with his face still against the wall. Not long after, Wei Ying's face immediately lit up after seeing a familiar person standing outside their house. He quickly rushed outside, bringing his basket with him, and energetically greeted his friend.

Cangse Sanren looked out of the window to take a look at her son, but she had a confused look on her face.

She left the living room.

Wei Ying outside looked so hype, " Lan Zhan!!! You're here! It's been a long time since I saw you. It was also last Halloween since we met right? Tell me, where did you go? Why did you only show up today? Did you transfer to another school? Oh! You still have the same costume last Halloween? Why not change into another?" Wei Ying was so excited that he started bombarding questions to Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan didn't answer either of the questions and just stared at Wei Ying.

"A-Ying, look at here." Wei Ying heard his mother's voice. He immediately turned around only to see her mother holding their Ipad.

Cangse Sanren, "Say "Happy Halloween"~"

"Happy Halloween!!!" Wei Ying smiled as his mother clicked the camera, capturing a picture of her son and his friend.

"We'll be going now, mother! Bye!" Wei Ying waved his hand as he left their house with Lan Zhan.

"Take care sweetheart!" Cangse Sanren said. She sighed as she looked at the pic she had just taken. She had a content smile with a slight hint of worry while looking at the pic...

—Last Halloween—

Wei Wuxian was walking down the streets, on his way back home. He seemed to be in low spirits. The young child's face was also swollen and full of small bruises and scratches.

Wei Wuxian finally arrived at his house. As he stepped in front of the door, he saw a small note hanging on the door. He grabbed this and read the note that was written in it.

We're out for groceries. Go ahead and play with your friends. We'll be back soon.

- Mom+Dad

Wei Wuxian stared at the note for a while. He tried to ignore it. How is he supposed to play with his friends if he just got beaten up by them? Can you even call them friends?

Wei Wuxian reached for the doorknob and tried twisting it but the door won't open.

It was locked.

He crouched down and picked up the rug hoping to see a key under there, but unfortunately, there wasn't. The kid felt more dejected and just crumbled the paper and throw it at the side. He just sat in front of their house door and slump his chin in the palm of his hand.

Wei Wuxian looked up at the street, seeing other kids with their group of friends. All of them had a smile and was enjoying talking with their friends. He humphed and looked back at the ground. After a few seconds, he looked back at the street. But this time, he saw a familiar person who sat at the side of the street.

Wei Ying, despite his beaten-up face, managed to form a wide smile and stood up from sitting and grabbed his small basket.

He snuck at that person and made a funny face in front of him. With his beaten face mixed with his funny face, he was almost unrecognizable. The person shrieked in surprise and hit Wei Ying in the face with his basket.

Wei Ying laughed loudly, "Lan Zhan! It's me, It's me."

Wei Ying rubbed the part that he was hit, "That hurts a bit hahaha."

"Wei Ying..."
Lan Zhan called.

Lan Zhan added, "Sorry."

"It's fine, it's fine. Anyways! What are you doing here? Oh, and here. You can have this candy." Wei Ying grabbed the candy that was given to him during his house-to-house trick or treats. There were only two lefts but he decided to give the other one to Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan stared for a moment at the candy and then at Wei Ying's basket. There was only one left. Lan Zhan finally shook his head, refusing it.

Wei Ying pouted, a little bit sad that his friend didn't accept it. He noticed Lan Zhan's basket just sitting beside him, he took a peek at it.

It was empty.

Wei Ying gasped and looked at Lan Zhan in disbelief. Lan Zhan looked back at him and just shrugged and stared back at the street.

With a scrunched-up face, Wei Ying put the candy inside Lan Zhan's basket. Lan Zhan did notice this and looked at Wei Ying questioningly.

Wei Ying already had candy in his hand. He opened it with a smile on his face. "Let's eat!"

No matter how he refused it, Wei Ying still forcefully gave it to him. He sighed, but a curve formed at the corner of his lips. He took the candy that was given to him and opened the wrapper. They ate the candy together.

Wei Ying was so happy he got to eat candy with someone. He almost forgot that he just got beaten up by a bunch of kids. He looked at Lan Zhan admiringly. He noticed that there was something written inside the wrapper.

Wei Ying scooted closer to Lan Zhan and took a clear look at the wrapper, he read, "You found me!"

He then looked at his wrapper. There was also something written in it, "Forget dentists, I'm delicious!"

Reading it, made him burst out laughing.

The two sat at the side of the street with the other laughing out loud while the other just happily chewed on his candy. Wei Ying was glad he saw Lan Zhan at that time. He admits he had a good time with him.

—Back to present—

"La lala lala lala~" Wei Ying sang randomly, skipping on his steps as he walks. Lan Zhan was following him from behind, holding his basket.

Wei Ying turned around, continuing to skip but backward. Wei Ying pulled down his mask, "Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! Do I look scary? Roarrrr!"

As he kept skipping backward he suddenly tripped and fell to the ground. He groaned in pain and stood up, "Eh? Huh? Why is it dark? Ahh!!! It's so dark! Lan Zhan!!!"

The kid ran around the street screaming. Lan Zhan just looked at him before sighing as he continued walking but then Wei Ying bumped into him making both of them fall to the ground.

Lan Zhan was honestly irritated, "Wei Ying!"

And Lan Zhan started chasing Wei Ying down the street while Wei Ying was just laughing as he run.

Wei Ying was still on his mask and couldn't see anyone on his way. Either the kids need to evade themselves or just get a bump from Wei Ying. As Lan Zhan continues chasing Wei Ying, they didn't notice the group of friends in front of them. Wei Yingbumped into all of them and ended up stumbling with each other.

"Ouch..."

"That hurts!"

Groans came out of the kids' throats as they slowly pick up their selves from the ground.

"Hehe." Wei Ying's head was spinning. He was quite dizzy from bumping into everyone. Lan Zhan at the side of the road humphed and fixed his costume.

"Wei Ying? It's you again!" the kids roared, already on their feet.

"Ah... Haha... W-Wen Chao. It's you--" Wen Chao and his friends kicked Wei Ying making him roll back to Lan Zhan.

"Don't show your face to me." Wen Chao hissed as he turned around and continued walking with his friends. But before he could leave, Wei Ying grabbed him in the arm.

"Wen Chao, don't be like that. Hey, can my friend here join you with the trick or treat?" Wei Ying asked with a sweet smile, his hands pointing at Lan Zhan. Wei Ying was waiting for Wen Chao to reply but he only stared weirdly at him.

"What is he talking about? Has he gone insane? Tsk." Wen Chao whispered to his friend but Wei Ying and Lan Zhan still heard it. Lan Zhan's brows furrowed as he was about to approach Wen Chao. But Wei Ying stopped him before could start a fight.

Wen Chao and his friend have already walked away. Wei Ying sigh, "Don't mind him, Lan Zhan. Let's go. It'll be just the two of us."

Lan Zhan was still furious. He humphed and grabbed Wei Ying's wrist and dragged him away, "Mn. Let's go."

"Yes! Let's go!"

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan started their house-to-house trick or treat.

They stopped by in front of a house. Wei Ying, with a deep breath, wore a wide smile before knocking on the door. After a few seconds, someone opened the door. It was a young woman holding a huge bowl filled with candies.

Wei Ying's eyes twinkled in excitement from seeing the candies. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan raised their bucket and said, "Trick or Treat!"

"Fufu, such cute kids. Here, have some." the young woman took candy from the bowl and put it in Wei Ying's basket.

"Thank you Dajie!" Wei Ying exclaimed.

Wei Ying waited for the woman to give Lan Zhan some candied but she didn't. Wei Ying asked, "Dajie, are you not going to give my friend candy?"

The young woman looked at Wei Ying with confusion, but she still smiled, "That's all the candies you can have. Have a good Halloween day kids! Goodbye~" The young woman finally closed the door, leaving the two kids outside.

"Weird... Why didn't she give you candy Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying asked in bewilderment. Lan Zhan just shrugged and made his way to the next house. Wei Ying was still confused but still followed Lan Zhan anyways.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan stood in front of another door. Wei Ying knocked. After a few seconds, someone opened the door, but this time it was a young man.

"Oho~ What do we have here?"

"Trick or Treat!"
Wei Ying exclaimed.

"Here's a candy." the young man transferred some candies in Wei Ying's basket. But again, Lan Zhan didn't have anything.

Wei Ying was worried, "Dage, can my friend have some also?"

The young man's brows knitted but not long after, he laughed, "Hahaha, are you trying to scare me kid? Now now, you may go now. The neighborhood has a lot of candies. Goodbye!" and the young man closed the door.

Wei Ying was utterly bewildered by the man's words, "Lan Zhan, you didn't do anything to the neighbors right?"

"I didn't." Lan Zhan was a kid who doesn't lie, so Wei Ying believed in him.

"Then why aren't they giving you any candy?"

For the second time, Lan Zhan shrugged a proceeded to the other house. They repeated what they said and received some candles in return. But one thing remained the same. Lan Zhan didn't receive anything. They had almost visited all of the houses in the town but Lan Zhan still didn't receive anything.

Wei Ying's basket was already full while Lan Zhan's basket was empty...

Not a single candy was there.

Wei Ying scratched his head and head and said, "That'sweird... They didn't give you anything."

Lan Zhan just ignored what Wei Ying said and stared back at the whole town in front of them. They were at a hill. Down the hill was a playground.

Wei Ying sighed, still bewildered. He saw that Lan Zhan wasn't looking. So he secretly grabbed his basket and transferred half of his candies to Lan Zhan's basket. Lan Zhan did notice this but he just let Wei Ying be.

---

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan ate their candies on top of the hill while watching the other kids play at the playground.

Lan Zhan chewed his candy as he looked back, only to see nothing but a bunch of trees over the fence. It was a restricted place.

At the corner of his eye, he could see Wei Ying trying to lean on him. As if he wanted to peek at the wrapper Lan Zhan was holding. Wei Ying had almost lost his balance.

Wei Ying scooted closer as he looked at his wrapper first, three words written on it, "Let's be friends." He then took a peek at Lan Zhan's wrapper, "You found me!"

Wei Ying had clearly remembered that it was the same words Lan Zhan got from last Halloween. Wei Ying gasped in astonishment, "Woah!! Lan Zhan, do you remember last Halloween? You had the same words as last time! Such a coincidence!" Wei Ying said with a playful smile.

"Lan Zhan, let's go home now!" Wei Ying said as he stood up and started dashing off down the hill. Lan Zhan stood up as well and grabbed his basket. He gave the forest from behind with a final look before leaving the hill, catching up to Wei Ying.

Wei Ying finally arrived at his house with Lan Zhan still following him from behind. In front of their house, he could see his mother and father and also with someone he doesn't know. But this unknown person was wearing a lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck. He was holding a paper in his left hand.

Wei Ying tried to ignore the doctor and approached his mother and called, "Mother! Mother! Look, I got so many candies from the neighborhood."

His parents and the doctor's conversation was cut off for a moment, her mother turned to him and patted his head, "That's good A-Ying." her mother finally returned her conversation with the doctor.

Wei Ying felt he was ignored and so he pouted. Wei Ying saw the paper in the doctor's hand.

Something came up to his mind.

While his parents and the doctor is immersed in their conversation, Wei Ying took the opportunity to snatch the doctor's paper from the doctor and run away.

"A-Ying! Give that back!" Cangse Sanren said and chased Wei Ying around their house. Wei Ying was filled with giggles. As he run around he took a glance at the paper. He saw the patient's name on it.

And it was his name.

It was also written that he was diagnosed with Schizophrenia especially with having hallucinations and delusions. He stopped running as he found the doctor's diagnosis paper weird.

Him? Have hallucinations and delusions?

Wei Ying wasn't that dumb. In fact, he was a smart kid. He easily understood what the paper said.