Chapter 4

Lan Ying's POV

"Sizhui is in trouble, an old guy is stopping him from getting on the boat." the Ouyang disciple reported. I hurriedly got out of the boat as soon as I heard that Sizhui was involved and goes to the area where the ruckus is happening. I see an old man pulling Sizhui's wrist, Sizhui looks so confused and troubled at the same time.

"Mister, I'm not going to die--"

"No! I told you no to go there! You'll die! It will surely eat you!" the old man shouted still pulling Sizhui away from getting on the boat. It's like he's stopping Sizhui from going to Biling Lake. Sizhui tried to calm him but he didn't listen.

Lan Sizhui,"Mister please calm down first."

"Hey! Let go of the young man, you're hurting him!"

"You really are a crazy old man!"

"A mere snake won't kill him, besides he has his sword with him. He will kill the snake in one slash." the people around them joined but the old man still didn't let go of Sizhui, holding him more tightly.

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! You... You don't know how big it was!" the old man yelled back squeezing Sizhui's wrist making him moan in pain. The old man was getting harsh toward Sizhui. I approached the old man and holds his hand that he used from pulling Sizhui.

"Mister, let us calm down first." I said with my calm voice and gentle smile. He looked at me for a second, slowly letting go of Sizhui's hand. Sizhui was finally free from the old man. His wrist has a red mark from the grip of the old man. Why is this old man so strong?

"Sizhui! Are you okay?! Hey old man! Don't you want to say sorry?! Look at my friend's wrist--" Sizhui cut him off.

"Jingyi, I'm okay." Sizhui smiled at him, showing him that he was okay. Jingyi finally calmed down and just ignored the old man.

"Mister, can you tell us about the snake you saw?" I asked the old man, he hesitated at first but he slowly nodded his head. We needed a place to rest so one of the ladies that joined the ruckus let us in at her inn. She said that her father originally manages the inn but he died because of illness so she is now managing the house together with her husband. We went inside the inn when a two children, a boy and girl, approached the woman who let us in.

"A-Niang!" the girl hugged the woman's legs while the boy was tugging on her clothes.

"A-Niang, who are they? Their wearing weird clothes." the boy said. He suddenly looked at me innocently so I smiled at him. The boy averted his eyes and looked back to his mother.

"Don't say that A-Xing, they are guest so be nice to them." the mother said. She carried her daughter who was hugging her legs all the time. It suddenly reminds me of Sizhui when he was young. He would hug Wei Wuxian or Lan Wangji's leg and won't let go of them but he never hugged mine. It made me distress that he won't hug mine. I always thought that maybe I wasn't a good older sister. Wei Wuxian would always laugh at me, just hearing his laugh makes me want to smack him that time. But even though he didn't hugged my legs he would still call me jiejie and that made me happy enough.

"You used to hug Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian's legs like that when you were young." I said to Sizhui who was just standing beside me. Sizhui's face flushed red. The other disciples chuckled at him.

"Please don't remind me about it, it's embarrassing." he said while covering his face with his hands that made me and the others laugh. His face just grew redder.