Chapter 15

Lan Ying's POV

We paddled our boat through the silent water path, the splash of the water and the chirps of the bird flying through the sky was the only thing we could hear. None of us created a noise, being cautious to whatever happens. Even though the giant snake's existence hasn't been confirm yet, we still need to be cautious. The water ghouls also might appear.

Finally a few minutes of paddling, we arrived at the lake. We only stopped at the side of the lake. Going to the middle is a little bit dangerous.

At our arrival, a strong gust of wind passed through us, making us shiver from the cold. Looking up at the sky, dark clouds started covering the clear blue sky.

"Is this a sign of a bad omen?" Jingyi questioned, gulping.

"Hanguang-jun, do you remember the day we went here with your older brother when we were teen?" Wei Wuxian suddenly asked, grinning.

"Mn." Lan Wangju nodded.

"I really didn't mean to splash the water on you but your expression was really funny I couldn't stop laughing at my room that night everytime I remember it." Wei Wuxian said, laughing after it.

He continued, "Back then, you also get tricked easily. When I told you my sword's name, you really thought you could call it whatever you want, that was really hilarious Lan Zhan, Hahahaha." Wei Wixuan continued to laugh nonstop. Wei Wuxian was laughing so hard it also made us laugh. I was also once tricked by the name of his sword. Well, who would name their sword 'Suibian'? Of course that would be Wei Wuxian.

My eyes landed on Jiang Cheng, his face darkened, his whole body shaking from anger as if he's going to explode but he held it back and endured Wei Wuxian's laugh. I smiled seeing him tolerating it.

"And when I almost sunk at the lake from the force of the whirlpool of the waterborne abyss, you only held my collar and you refused to hold my hand, you said you didn't like having physical contacts with others and yet... right now.." Wei Wuxian paused. His back was facing Lan Wangji so he steadily laid his body to Lan Wangji's chest, grabbing his hands, wrapping it around his own body. Shamelessly cuddling in front of the juniors. A flush crept up to Lan Wangji's ears.

He repeated, "and yet right now, we're doing a lot of things more than just a physical conta--"

"Wei Wuxian! Do you even realize what you're saying in front of the juniors?!" Jiang Cheng snapped. He couldn't hold it anymore. Wei Wuxian only smirked at him, as if he's not affected by Jiang Cheng's yell.

"What? What's wrong with my words? This kids will soon experience those thing in the future. There's nothing wrong with it." Wei Wuxian responded. With his words, all the juniors flushed. This made Jiang Cheng more angrier.

"Now now, calm down and let's focus on the lake." I hushed to the two, ending the tension between the two.

We finally focused on the lake. I looked around the lake, noticing something missing.

"Shanli, didn't you said you setted up a net here?" Wei Wuxian asked.

It looks like he also noticed it.

"But we did set it up." I replied.

The the thing that was missing was the nets we setted up yesterday. I still remember ordering the juniors to set it up. We made sure the nets were properly set up before we left. But right now, the nets are gone.

I think a person didn't pulled it up since we reminded the townsfolk yesterday not to come. It also can't be the neighboring towns, Caiyi Town is the only one that's nearer the lake. Other towns can be found a few miles away from here. It's also impossible for the water ghouls to destroy it since they will only get captured by it.