Chapter 23

They were now on their way to their room when a familiar figure caught their eyes. That person also looked back at them. With a smile, she approached Jingyi and Sizhui.

"You finally arrived. Your class is about to start so hurry u-- Sizhui?" Lan Shanli was surprised by the sudden embrace from Sizhui.

"Jie... p-please don't leave us." Sizhui cried once again. Shanli was utterly confused and a bit worried at the same time. She gave Jingyi an I'll-talk-to-you-later look. Jingyi understood this and he immediately nodded.

Despite the confusion, Lan Shanli still tried to comfort the young man, "What are you talking about? I'm not gonna leave. I'm right here." Shanli comforted, patting Sizhui's head.

Sizhui soon parted with Shanli, sniffing. Shanli wiped the tears from Sizhui's eyes with her thumb as she said, "Go to your room and have some rest. Excuse yourself first from the class for today, okay?" she then turned to Jingyi and said, "Wangji and Wei Wuxian will be the one teaching you today, tell them that Sizhui is not feeling well."

Jingyi nodded again.

Shanli noticed the bandage wrapped around Jingyi's neck. Her brows knitted as she asked, "What happened to your neck? did something bad happen?!"

"Ah! It's okay! I'm okay. It's nothing serious. It's just a redness a got from an acid of a spider's silk we encountered last night." Jingyi explained as unwrapped the bandage, showing the redness to Shanli.

Shanli sighed in relief, knowing it was nothing serious. "Now now, Your class should be starting now, hurry up. Sizhui goes to your room and rest. I can't accompany you there since I also have to teach at the female's quarter. I'm sorry." Shanli explained.

Just like how her brother teaches the male juniors, Shanli also teaches at the female's quarter twice a week.

Sizhui shook his head, "It's okay. I'll go by myself." Sizhui said as he forced a smile. Shanli and Sizhui looked at him with worry. Hoping Sizhui will recover. Shanli doesn't have any idea what happened so she was more worried than Jingyi.

Jingyi first gave the paper bag to Sizhui as they finally parted ways. Jingyi and Shanli took the same path so she took this opportunity to talk with Jingyi.

"Come to my room at exactly 8:30 pm." Shanli said. Just as she finished her words, they were already in front of the Lanshi. The voices of several students reciting textbook material floated by.

"Look, you're already late. You may go inside now." Shanli said. Jingyi clasped his hands before bidding a farewell.

Jingyi hurriedly went inside the Lanshi. He walked through the threshold as he saluted at Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian, "Forgive me for being late."

"Mn. You may sit down." Lan Wangji said. Jingyi went straight to his table and sat as he opened his textbook.

"Where's Sizhui? Why isn't he with you? And what happened to your neck?!" Wei Wuxian panicked after seeing the bandage around Jingyi's neck. Lan Wangji noticed it as well. Jingyi was quite annoyed that he has to explain it again to another person but the two older men are his seniors, he shouldn't be rude to them. He explained it anyways.

"Sizhui isn't feeling well so he cannot attend the class. About this... It's nothing serious. It's just a redness a got from an acid of a spider's silk we encountered last night." Jingyi explained, saying the same words he said to Lan Shanli.

"Sizhui is not feeling well while you got redness from a spider's silk, don't tell me something also happened to Jin Ling?" Wei Wuxian laughed. Jingyi couldn't help remembering what happened last night, he laughed as well.