Chapter 16

Lan Ying's POV 

Our group traveled through the air on our swords, the air swiftly brushing through us. Before we could arrive at the town, i flew downward, bending down as I scooped a wate the blood on my hands.

"Is your hand okay?" a voice startled me. I looked up, seeing Jiang Cheng on his sword.

I stood up, "It's fine." I responded. We flew upward and joined the others.

I flew closer to Jingyi and asked, "Jingyi, do you have my handkerchief?"

"Yes! I was about to give it to you when we get back at the inn" Jingyi replied as he felt for his inner robe, taking out a pale white handkerchief. He passed it to me.

"Thank you." I wiped my wet hands thoroughly.

Caiyi Town was just a few meters away from us and since we used our sword to travel it was more faster to get there. We couldn't bring the boat with us since it got trampled by the gaint snake when it fell. We will just have to change it.

When we arrived, the town was quiet, not a single soul could be seen.

"Where are the people?" Ouyang Zizhen asked.

We roamed around and all of the door were closed. I knocked on one of the doors, waiting for a person to open it, not long after, the door opened. A person was behind the door, trembling.

"Mister, are you alright?" I worriedly asked. The people started coming out of their house, terrified expression was plastered on their faces.

"W-we heard a loud roar awhile ago! We got scared so we entered our houses..." the mister said.

"What was that roar awhile ago?"

"I thought something happened to the maiden and to the young masters."

"Everyone calm down first." Sizhui said.

"We're all fine, and the roar you just heard was from a beast at the lake but please rest assure, we have already killed it. All of you are safe now." I stated. Their terrified expression was changed into relief.

"Thank you!"

"We really are thankful!"

"We're forever thankful to you Maiden and Young Masters!"

I smiled at the sight. It really makes my heart easy seeing them happy.

"Maiden!" A woman suddenly called as she came running to me from the crowd. As she run towards me, she almost tripped but I was still able to caught her in my arms.

"May I help you?" I asked as I helped her stand up properly.

"The bandits came back and they're trying to destroy the inn! Please help them!" the woman begged.

"I think scaring them wasn't enough." Jiang Cheng said who was just standing beside me. He walked away, going toward the inn.

"Bandits? Were they the one who harassed you?" Wei Wuxian asked. I lowered my head and slowly nodded.

"I bet they'll need a beating. Lan Zhan! Let's go!"

"Mn."

Both of them followed Jiang Cheng. I sighed, hoping they won't kill the bandits. I returned my look to the woman and smiled.

"They'll be fine." I said. I looked back to the juniors and signalled them to follow Jiang Cheng, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. All of us headed to the inn.