Chapter 9

CONTENT WARNING: This chapter consist of PTSD and Torture

Lan Ying's POV

When i open my eyes, I was standing inside an old familiar room. A room that i will never forget and will haunt me forever.

Suddenly...

A young me appeared in front of me, sobbing. Her hands were chained up, her clothes were torn, exposing some parts of her body that was full of wounds, bruises and cuts.

My body trembled, seeing my young self like that. I didn't know I look like that.

I look so hideous...

I tried approaching her but the door suddenly opened with a bang. A drunk guy, wearing the Qishan Wen Sect's sun robe, entered the room. He was still carrying a jar of wine.

My legs shivered. I walked backwards trying to avoid him. I was shaking a lot that I stumbled down.

Behind me was a table, even though I'm scared by his presence, I still chose to stand up. Holding on the table, supporting myself to stand up.

As I stood up, my eyes landed on the things that was laid on the table. My eyes widened, it was the torture devices that was used on me. I looked away, trembling in fear.

I looked at my young self instead, her face are so pale,shaking. The guy walked toward her, caressing her face, looking at her with lust. The scene disgusted me that it even made me want to vomit.

She was already crying, shooking his head away to remove the guy's hand from her face. The guy was dissatisfied so he attempted to touch her chest but she kicked him before he can touch her. Anger could be seen in her expression but it changed quickly to fear. She said 'sorry' multiple times.

The guy got mad from the kick. He swung his hand, hitting her face with the jar of wine. The jar broke into pieces, the wine splashed on her face. The wine streamed down on her face along with a mix of blood coming from the new cuts on her cheeks. Blood started pouring down from the side of her head.

I shut my eyes closed, my body shivering in fear, sobs coming out of my throat. I couldn't endure the scene.

I suddenly felt someone's presence walking toward me. I opened my eyes and I just noticed that the guy was walking toward me. My body fell to the ground, my hands tugging at my hair. Tears suddenly rolled down my cheeks, shooking my head.

"No... please... don't..." I sobbed, shaking vigorously. I was crying for a few seconds but nothing happened to me. I looked up, seeing the man standing in front of the table. His eyes roaming around the table as if deciding what to use from the torture devices. He then grabbed the whip and slowly walked away from me but was walking toward my young self.

She was still sobbing from the pain, indicating that she was still conscious after the hit.

"Jiejie!" a voice could be heard for a moment, it was unrecognizable and unclear.

He raised his hands and began to whip her. She screamed in pain, she shouted a few words, asking for help but no one came for her. He suddenly whipped her face to shut her up that made me flinch.

As if I was the one getting whip, I cried and mumbled. "Please... stop... it hurts."

"Auntie!/Chengsu-ji!" another unrecognizable voices could be heard again.

Please... help!

He was smirking and was saying something to her. Although i couldnt hear it, i know what it is, threats,insults and others.