27 | Assassination

Tik, tik, tik, tik.

Everyone eyed one another, waiting for someone to open their mouth to break the deafening silence. The only sound they could hear was the clock ticking, its hands almost at their peak.

Tik, tik, tik, tik.

Her body has been stiff this whole time. When she walked into the room, she could sense the tension, which was rising as every second passed by. She was scared of the person that would come in a few seconds, but she hoped that he would postpone the conference for another time since this came out of nowhere as she had no clue of what they were going to talk about.

Tik, tik, tik, tik.

She eyed the person next to her on the right. He was nervously fiddling with thumbs as he stared at the table in front of him. Everyone at the table seemed to be in a nervous state as well.

Tik, tik, tik, tik.

Slightly slumping in her seat, the female let out a small tired sigh. In the past few days, she was constantly busying herself with a specific young female. Even her friend, who was reluctant in the beginning, helped her with finding out some information about the female's current state.

As far as they know, she's in Malta for a week's vacation like they all knew. She took her flight at the exact time they saw her leave, and she's still in Malta right now, relaxing in the city in her hotel.

Tik, tik, tik—

The door slammed open with a bang as everyone jumped in their seat. Immediately, they quickly stood up, straightening their backs before bowing respectfully and sitting back down. He marched across the room to his seat at the front, which faced everyone in the room.

She released a shaky breath when she noticed the stoic expression on his old face, his hands folded neatly against the wood table.

His deep gruff voice bounced on the walls as he spoke, "I've heard the news of a girl saving the famous seven men multiple times." His sharp blue eyes sent icy daggers towards the people sitting on the table.

She could feel his gaze suddenly landing on her, not moving. "Tell me, Lil. How is it possible that a mere girl without any kind of training in combat can outmatch a trained assassin?"

She gulped, briefly closing her eyes as she visibly shook in fear of the blond haired man. "I... have no idea, sir." Even with all eyes on her, she tried to keep her voice steady as much as she can.

He sadly hummed and she could make out the sarcasm behind it. "That's unfortunate." His attention turned to the many men stationed around the room. "Anyways. Men, find this girl and kill her."

Her eyes went wide. "No, you can't do that!" Her friend beside her flinched as well at the news and held her hand, trying to calm her down.

The man raised an eyebrow at her sudden outburst. "And why is that?"

The young woman stuttered, "Because she's... she's my friend."

"Oh? Is that so?" An evil smile formed on his lips and she shuddered, dreading the outcome. "It doesn't matter. If she really is that experienced in combat, then I'm sure she's going to fight her way out of it, stimmt's?"

She almost cried when suddenly an idea struck her. With a deep breath, she said, "But she is not in Malta. I saw her in Busan yesterday."

He smirked, a knowing one. "I know."

The female hoped that she was wrong. If her friend really was in Busan, then they both were going to be doomed.

The young woman clenched her fist as she bit her lip, trying to contain her fear and worry for her friend.