25 | Down Memory Lane

Your brain seemed to stop working at his words. "What?" You breathed out in shock as Guk heaved out a sigh. Never in a million years did you expect this.

Silence followed afterwards. You nor Guk knew what to say in this situation.

"I.. I am not sure, but.. I feel a connection to this journal."

"A connection?" Your eyebrows shot up in surprise.

He sighed for the second time. "I feel drawn to it. There is something about it, I can't resist. That is why I want to read it." There was a pause. "What if... What if it's something from my past?"

Your eyes hesitantly glanced at the leather book on the coffee table Jimin placed earlier on. You remember the promise you made to the male, bending forward and grabbing it. Without opening it, you turned around, expecting everything.

You were keen on opening it, but you knew your boundaries at the same time. Curiosity killed the cat, huh?

Your fingers twitched to open the book and just take a short look, but before you could even do that, the sound of a door opening down the hallway was heard and you immediately placed it back on the table like it was before, heart pumping widely in your chest.

You could feel the disappointment flowing out of Guk at the fact that you were disturbed.

Jimin went into the living room as you tried to not look suspicious or nervous. He sent you a small grin. "Has she finished cooking?"

You shrugged your shoulders. "Don't know. Should we see and ask if we should help her?"

At that, her voice boomed from the kitchen. "Food is ready! Come here and eat!" You both burst out into laughter after looking at each other with surprised expressions. Jimin walked first into the kitchen as you followed close behind.

The smell of many dishes filled your nose when you entered the kitchen. You could feel your mouth already watering at the delicious food on the table. You noticed that Miss Jeon had cooked rice, kimchi, fried spicy chicken, grilled pork, some cooked eggs, fried tofu and spicy rice cakes.

"Thank you." You bowed your head gratefully at her, a smile on your lips. Jimin bowed as well, thanking her for the food.

After eating lunch at Miss Jeon's house, you and the idol talked a bit with Jungkook's mother before you made your way back 'home'.

"So," You began, unsure. "How did Jungkook's father die?" You could see Jimin biting his bottom lip in the corner of your eye and you wondered if you took it too far.

"I'm sorry," He apologized. "But I think I'm not the right person to tell you this."

You frowned slightly for a moment. "I understand. I shouldn't have pried, I'm sorry."

He shook his head, looking out the car window and mumbled, "It's okay."

You didn't want your relationship with him to get awkward, so you changed the topic. "I think I'll go to my house tomorrow."

Jimin swiftly turned his head to look at you and wondered how it didn't break yet at how fast he moved his neck. "Really? Why?"

You puffed out your cheeks before speaking. "I want to see my house and see if I can get a few clothes or other stuff for myself. Maybe even see if I can meet my dad again."

"Why so suddenly? I told you that if your past self sees you, there's no telling what will happen next."

I was lying.