11 | Trust issues

You woke up with a grunt and shifted around.

Like a mechanism, your body pushed itself up in alarm. You sleepily looked around but still were ready for any surprise. Grabbing your head, you tried to remember what had happened.

The concert, the attack, panic attacks, talking with the boys and then... going to a hotel and sleeping there... right..

You sighed out in relief after realizing that no danger was in sight. Before grabbing your phone, you shuffled out of bed and walked to the bathroom to fresh yourself up. Turning your phone on, you looked at the time, releasing a sigh of happiness when you saw that it was just ten in the morning.

The manager told you that you could have a day off if you wanted to 'cause he saw how the event yesterday left you quite exhausted, mentally and physically, so he gave you a room in a hotel near the arena. But of course you couldn't just sit back and relax when a murder is on the lose. If you want to catch him, you need to work hard and collect as many clues aka evidences as possible.

All of a sudden, your phone ringed, indicating that someone is calling you. Walking out the bathroom, you grabbed your phone and saw an unknown number. You reluctantly pressed 'answer' and heard a few shuffles on the other side before a somebody screamed a greeting, making you almost throw your phone away in instinct. Because you had your phone near your ear, the scream was louder.

"CㅡChansook?"

"Hey, morning you little shit!" Again you needed to place the phone away from your ear, not wanting to get deaf.

"How did you get my number?" You asked confused and ignored on how she called you. The last time you checked, you guys didn't exchange any, so where the heck did she get your number from?

"Well, when you were busy doing whatever you were doing, you left your phone in a room, so I took your number." She sounded like she wasn't sorry for what she did, making you roll your eyes, forgetting that she couldn't see you.

But there was one thing that was bugging you. "How did you get my password?"

Hearing a laugh from her, you wondered if you said anything wrong and lifted an eyebrow up in amusement.

"Honey, I'm a natural hacker, nothing gets away without me knowing if I want to." You gaped at the new information in surprise. Never did you thought that the bubbly Chansook was a hacker. It made you wonder if there were more things about her that you didn't know or if there was actually another side of her she didn't show in front of you.

"Woah, I'm impressed." Chansook let out a snort at which you snickered. "So, why did you call?"

The other side of the call fell suddenly silent when you asked that question.

"I actually wanted to check on you," She paused, internally deciding if she should tell you or not. "I heard of what happened yesterday."

A lump formed inside your throat. She knows...

That was the only thing that crossed your mind.

"But don't worry!" Chansook immediately replied when she heard no words from you. "I won't tell anyone, my lips are sealed."

You gulped, not knowing what to say. "If you don't want to talk about it, then I won't force you to."

You nodded but then slapped your forehead when you realized again that she couldn't see you. "If you don't mind, we can talk about it when I'm ready..." You heard her mumbling a sure before she asked you when you would come to the arena.