18 | Green eyes

"Uhm... nothing?" It was more like a question than an answer and you internally slapped yourself for being so stupid.

Jihoon just laughed at your panicked face, seeming like to enjoy your fearful expressions. You raised an eyebrow, wondering why he was being kind of cocky right now. He was the total opposite from the Jihoon at the movie night.

Chansook suddenly pointed a finger at him. "Since when did you wear contact lenses?"

Looking at Jihoon, you saw forest green eyes looking back at you and Chansook. You just noticed now that he wore green contact lenses like in 2020, making you wonder why he suddenly wore them.

It seemed like she caught him off guard since his eyes noticeably widened a bit and his lips parted before he changed his expression into an emotionless one, trying to act like nothing happened. "Oh yeah," He laughed nervously while running his hand through his hair. "I just like to wear them sometimes, makes me feel kinda cool."

You and Chansook looked back at each other, thinking the same. He wasn't saying the truth.

"Why are you here?" You asked, trying to fill the awkward silence.

He scoffed, which made Chansook really surprised. You looked at her confused, asking with your eyes why she reacted that way. She came closer to you before whispering in your ear. "The Jihoon I know does not scoff, ever."

Sensing that she was getting slowly into defensive mode, you grabbed her wrist, trying to keep her seated right beside you. Not wanting to make a scene, you looked back at Jihoon with a polite smile. "Would you please go back in doing your job? We all have some things to do."

His lips turned into a scowl as he stood up, towering over you both. You tried to somehow back away, but having a Chansook glued to your side and wasn't really possible.

He placed both of his hands on the table and moved his face closer to yours. Chansook instinctively moved you behind her. Now she was face to face with Jihoon as he smirked cockily at her.

"Are you scared, my lady?" He whispered seductively and you almost choked on your spit. However, Chansook didn't seem to have any reaction to it as she was busy narrowing her eyes at the male in front of her.

"You," She spoke lowly and it was hard for you to hear her. "You are not Jihoon."

Jihoon burst out laughing, holding his stomach with one hand while the other was still placed on the table to keep his balance. A few workers stared at him, wondering why he was laughing so loud.

You never felt this weirded out before. Second later, he luckily stopped laughing and wiped a few escaping tears away before looking at Chansook with a mocking smile. "What do you mean? I'm Kwon Jihoon, your best friend since High School. Can't you recognize your own best friend?"

She shifted in her seat, looking so uncomfortable. Biting her lip, she remained a few seconds silent before opening her mouth to speak, uneasiness written all over her face. "Well, I do but... you've never acted this... bold before.."

Ignoring her words, he abruptly stood up, hands in his pants pockets. He cocked an eyebrow up, staring down at her. "Things change, don't they?"

Even after their fight, Jungkook still didn't had the heart to hate Jimin after what he did. If he was being honest, he wasn't really nice either, but Jimin was the most person to annoy him at the moment.

After Jungkook walked away, they didn't come and ran after him, which he was thankful for. He didn't want another heated argument happening any time soon, and it looks like his members knew that as well.