02 | Flashbacks

If you're rereading this book, you may realize that there are some changes in this chapter. I noticed that I had totally messed up the timeline here and I'm sorry for that.

-

Currently, 10 pm and still awake. Yes, you couldn't sleep.

Yay

Guess what? Your plan was it to lay down and think about nothing so you could fall asleep faster. The moonlight even helped a bit and the stars were like little lanterns. But guess it wasn't enough. The problem?

Jake.

Something about him made you curious. He had this vibe that drew you to him but terrified you at the same time. He's handsome and friendly but the aura that he held was mysterious.

Of course, you're not in love. Not with him. With nobody. Maybe in the beginning with the way you looked at him, it seemed like it. But you swear, you don't love nor like him. Just curious.

You had this feeling that you would see him in the future again. In what situation you will meet, that will reveal itself on its own.

Something about the scars on his cheek told you something. A really significant past which still needs to be unfolded. If this should be your cue to find out, fate will give you a clue on that.

Something else today made you curious but suspicious at the same time.

The moment he gave you the money to pay, your hands brushed against each other and you unconsciously got a flashback from one of the times you didn't want to remember, knowing they are gone from this world. But that's the thing you didn't understand.

Did he know them that you got that flashback the moment your hands touched? Or something more fatal, did he do something to them without nobody knowing? Maybe even killed them but made it seem like they did suicide?

Okay maybe you're overreacting with your thoughts right now but you can't help it. This is just too strange. You're a hundred percent sure that they would never do something risky like that. They love their fans and families too much to have the courage to even think of something like that.

You're going to begin from the start and try to unfold the untold truth. Hopefully, you succeed and find some helpful clue that would lead you to the end.

You sighed and got off the bed to the bathroom. You stepped in front of the mirror and looked at yourself. You look like you hadn't slept in days but you feel like you slept enough to be awake for many days. Before walking out the bathroom, you splashed some water onto your face.

Walking to the kitchen, drown in thoughts is not a good idea kids. You need to be aware of your surroundings cause you might fall face first to the ground or hurt your toe from the corners of the walls. That shit hurts like hell.

And yeah, you just hurt your toe from the wall in the kitchen while walking through the doorway and because you hurt your toe, you tried to balance yourself on one foot. And of course you failed. Face first to the ground and TA DA! There you have it, a human with a flat red face on the ground and internally crying.

You groaned and slowly sat up. A hand on one of your cheeks, rubbing it and trying to ease the pain a bit. Trying to stand on your feet was so hard, considering the fact that you hurt your toe.

You walked to the refrigerator and tried to find something to cool down your hurting toe and cheeks. Sighing disappointed because you couldn't find anything to help you, you closed the door and walked with stinging pains to the living room.