ONE | THE ORDINARY LIFE OF ALEX FITZ

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒪𝒩𝐸 | 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒪𝑅𝒟𝐼𝒩𝒜𝑅𝒴 𝐿𝐼𝐹𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒜𝐿𝐸𝒳 𝐹𝐼𝒯𝒵

"𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘖 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥: 𝘛𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘳𝘺, 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥'𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥." -𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘮 𝘉𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘠𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘴

𝓕RIDAY 𝓝OVEMBER 𝓢IXTH

"'DNA is a wonderful thing' my ass," I groaned.  I walked through the college campus with my arm interlocked with my best friend.  We were walking off our college campus to my car, while I was showing her the horrendous D+ I just received on an exam.  "This professor is out to get me.  Mark my words," I exclaimed.

"Yeah ... or maybe you just suck at science.  I mean you are studying pre-law," Kat explained. 

I rolled my eyes. 

"Also, remind me never to take Friday classes again. Only nerds take Friday classes, and I swear they all live on campus. They are everywhere," I added.

As we were walking Kat tripped over her feet and nearly fell. Since our arms were interlocked, she almost took me down with her.

The two of us jumped into my white jeep and considering that it is winter in Virginia - we took the doors off of the jeep. 

My blood was boiling over my science exam, so I needed to treat myself - using my aunt's credit card - to do some retail therapy, before going home.  My best friend, Katherine, is my everyday stylist.  I do not wear clothes out of my own house without getting approval from her.  She picks out my outfits in advance and if it is not absolutely perfect, then we are not allowed to leave the house. Let's just say that Kat and I are typically late for a lot of things. She knows everything there is to know about fashion, and I value her opinion on clothes more than anyone else.

The obnoxious ringtone that I had started going ballistic. I do not know why I insist on keeping the irritating sound of an alarm clock as my ringtone. Maybe I am sociopathic.  "Mona is making your favorite dinner tonight.  You better be coming, because the woman wishes you were her niece instead of me," I told Kat.

She rolled her eyes. 

Kat hates it when I talk down about myself and my life. I did not have the easiest life growing up; however, neither did she. The two of us bonded in high school about our mutual childhood traumas. Kat and I are not childhood friends. Our paths had crossed in middle school, but we officially did not become acquaintances and then best friends until later in high school. End of junior year to be precise.