TWENTY-SEVEN | RED RIDING HOOD SHOULD HAVE WORN GREEN

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝒲𝐸𝒩𝒯𝒴-𝒮𝐸𝒱𝐸𝒩 | 𝑅𝐸𝒟 𝑅𝐼𝒟𝐼𝒩𝒢 𝐻𝒪𝒪𝒟 𝒮𝐻𝒪𝒰𝐿𝒟 𝐻𝒜𝒱𝐸 𝒲𝒪𝑅𝒩 𝒢𝑅𝐸𝐸𝒩

"𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘧𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘴𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥."—𝘜𝘯𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯

The five of us have been riding for nearly six hours already. The sky was beginning to get dark and considering we were in the middle of a forest; it was going to get dark really fast.

"We should make camp within the next few miles," Gabe suggested.

"Yeah, get a fresh start in the morning and give the horses a chance to rest up," Henry added.

We quickly started to divide and conquer. Seraphina started a fire, Henry kept searching for dry wood in the forest to add to the fire. I attempted to use my chlorokinesis to clear the forest ground in order for us to make camp. Kat was putting down sheets and blankets, so that we were not sleeping on the dirt.

Gabe took the first sleep opportunity.

We agreed that at least two people would remain awake at all times, and we would sleep in shifts. After starting the fire, Seraphina went to sleep, and a few minutes after that - Kat fell asleep too.

"I'm sor-," I started.

Henry interjected. "Don't apologize," he whispered.

"I could've killed you. I need to apologize for letting my emotions get out of control," I said.

"Did Nathan ever tell you about the time he shot me with an arrow?" Henry asked.  I nodded my head, because it was a story burned into my memory.  "A few hours after that,  Gabe was walking back from the store, and he was wearing this coat that was blowing in the wind. Nathan and I bet that we could put an arrow through his coat and stick Gabe to a tree," he explained.

I am too confused and tired to decipher that statement.

"What's this have to do with me nearly killing you?" I asked.

"My point is ... Nathan and I could've killed our best friend. We trusted our archery skills and we trusted ourselves to not intentionally or even accidentally cause harm," Henry said.

"I've never needed to trust my skills before. Nathan was always right there to help when I needed him," I said.

After about an hour of being awake, I woke up Gabe, Kat, and Seraphina - the three of them could decide amongst themselves which two wanted to stay awake. However, I needed to get some sleep and so did Henry.