Excerpt

♕

"Alexandra

"Alexandra. I am pleased to introduce you to Her Royal Highness Princess Seraphina Isabelle Charmichael of Estinada," Ezra stated. 

He looked ready to continue speaking, but Kat needed to cut into the conversation. "Can I just say that your dress is absolutely gorgeous. That sequins and sweetheart neckline is stitched to perfection!" Kat squealed.

I gently patted Kat's shoulder into order to calm her down. She genuinely did not look like she was breathing.

"Look it's great to meet you Seraphine, but I'm supposed to be somewhere right now. Is there any way we can do this introduction later?" I asked. Begged? Hoped? Prayed? Whichever description would get me out of this room faster would be fitting.

"No," Ezra scowled. "The princess is here to give you some lessons on how to carry yourself in the proper royal manner."

"Also my name is Seraphina," she added. "I will not let you down your majesty."

Ezra grinned as Seraphina bowed down to him. Her back arched forward, but she kept her head incredibly straight and still in order to not drop her tiara.

Eventually Ezra left the room and my annoyance level was through the roof. I have been following my daily princess lessons that were listed in my planner like it was a Bible. I carry it with me everywhere I go, and I check off each lesson that I complete.

Standing up Nathan. Yeah ... that is not listed in the planner.

I stood eyeing down Seraphine with my arms crossed over my chest. I was in no mood to be doing more lessons today. Today alone, I have been told by various people that my arms are too long, my nails beds are horrendous, and my split ends need to be cut off immediately.

"Are you getting paid to do this?" I asked.

A weird electrical crackling sound came from another room where Kat and Penelope keep all of the fabric for the dresses. Hopefully she did not electrocute herself.

"AH!" Kat shrieked. I rushed over to find Kat, because she never screams. If I ever hear Kat scream, then I know her life is in immediate danger. Kat trips over her own two feet more than she actually walks in a day. She has the capability of bouncing back up, uninjured everytime.

"Nathan?" I questioned. "I told you never to ride the lightning in front of Kat! You'll give the poor girl a heart attack."

Nathan possesses the ability to harness the power of electricity to teleport himself. His body becomes engulfed with striking lightning bolts and he vanishes into thin air, and uses electricity to travel from one place to another.

I guided him away from Kat and into the main area of the royal dressing room in order to show him why I could not go horseback riding or work on my archery lessons today.

"Where were we?" Seraphina rhetorically asked. We have not even started yet, but Seraphina had definitely started with the lesson. "Your posture is disgraceful, you stand like a bowlegged sociopath, your lips are cracked like a jackhammered sidewalk, and you sit like a peasant with chaffing on their thighs."

Another person in this palace attempting to tear down my self esteem. I should start keeping a list of all of these insults. I groaned at the thought of this princess attempting to pick apart my entire existence, in order to mold me into some Astalilian museum statue.

Nathan looked puzzled. When I told him they were training me to become a princess, I do not think he thought it was this brutal. He must have assumed that my training would only take a couple of days, but Ezra is going to have me reassuring him on all of my progress throughout the next two months.

"Can we work on archery another time? As you can see, the breaking of my will to live trumps over learning my newly discovered passion," I said.

Thankfully Nathan laughed. "Of course," he said. He leaned in closer and whispered, "Open this when you're done with your lesson."

Purple and blue lightning crackled in circles consuming all of Nathan's body. In an instant he disappeared. 

"Now instead of insulting me. How about you actually try helping me, so that we don't have to see each other ever again. Ezra will be so proud of you," I suggested.

♕