TEN | NOT YOUR AVERAGE DISNEY PRINCESS

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝐸𝒩 | 𝒩𝒪𝒯 𝒴𝒪𝒰𝑅 𝒜𝒱𝐸𝑅𝒜𝒢𝐸 𝒟𝐼𝒮𝒩𝐸𝒴 𝒫𝑅𝐼𝒩𝒞𝐸𝒮𝒮

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘥—𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵." -𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘯 𝘒𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳

𝓣UESDAY 𝓓ECEMBER 𝓕IRST

Eavesdropping.

I do not think eavesdropping is the best way to deal with things as a princess, but no one in this damn palace tells me anything. After each lesson the person in charge writes down a lot of notes on a clipboard. I ask them how I did - and most of the time they smile at me and leave the room.

What would someone else think of that?

Failure? Success? Awful to the point of no return. No chance of governing over an entire kingdom.

How am I supposed to learn? I barely know what I am learning, but it would still be nice to know my evaluation statuses. 

I know for a fact that everyone reports to Ezra. The man is the King. If they reported to anyone other than Ezra, then he would need to discuss that with all his employees. I want nothing more than to know if my training and hard work is accomplishing anything.

I can think of over a hundred things I want more than knowing; however, this remains one of my top priorities while in Astalilia.

"She is doing remarkable. Her background knowledge on law is helpful, but she doesn't understand Astalilian law quite yet. However, her progress is impressive," my media trainer said.

"After she is introduced to the kingdom, do you believe that she can lead a formal meeting without backup?" Ezra asked.

"With a few more simulations ... yes, your majesty, I do believe she will be ready," she said.

I am not going to lie. I smiled when my media trainer claimed that I was almost ready to do something in the kingdom on my own. I quickly hid behind a corridor when Ezra and the trainer completed their meeting.

Thankfully, Ezra was staying in his office, so this was going to be my chance to get a word of praise from him.

Ezra did not look up from his paperwork to even notice I was sitting in front of him. However, my stealth level is not the best. "Is there something more I can do for you, Alexandra?"

"I would like to know how my evaluation went. I'd like to think that I have been making real progress in being a princess," I said.

I felt proud of myself.