TWENTY | POSSIBLY A PRINCESS IN DISTRESS

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝒲𝐸𝒩𝒯𝒴 | 𝒫𝒪𝒮𝒮𝐼𝐵𝐿𝒴 𝒜 𝒫𝑅𝐼𝒩𝒞𝐸𝒮𝒮 𝐼𝒩 𝒟𝐼𝒮𝒯𝑅𝐸𝒮𝒮

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘧 𝘪𝘯 𝘢 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘳𝘺. 𝘔𝘦𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴." -𝘑𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘱𝘩 𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘳𝘢𝘥

𝔸𝕃𝔼𝕏

Kat held me down. I needed to stop moving, but I could not stop. The blue crystal powder was burning more of my skin. It was definitely going to leave a scar. Possibly multiple scars. However, I needed to try and get to Nathan. He was too far away from me.

"Nathan!" I shouted.

Nathan remained tied to a chair.

"Where is Dominick?" Kat whispered.

She had stopped crying at this point. My own weeping had caused her to stop and be the bigger person right now. The moment I saw Nathan being tortured by his lightning strikes; that was the moment when I knew I could not do this any longer.

Nathan is being tortured by the same ability he possesses. He loves his lightning. However, Jackal's dark lightning burned him inside and out.

No more.

If the three of us make it out of this situation alive, then I might have to call it quits. I either have to go back to America, or I have to lessen my circle of friends in the palace. No one is going to be put into a situation like this ever again. I will not allow it.

"Jackal! Stop it! Torturing him accomplishes nothing! This is between you and me!" I shouted.

"Oh please ... you are nothing but a speck of dirt. My fight is between me and this entire kingdom," Jackal muttered.

"Then let my friends go! They aren't even a part of the kingdom!" I shouted.

All of a sudden, a random ass buzzing sound started going off. My body feels too weak to even investigate what the sound is. What the hell am I saying? I am chained to the floor; I could not begin to investigate if I wanted to.

I tightly shut my eyes as another giant crackle of lightning happened within the cottage. Thankfully, neither Nathan nor Kat scream out in agony. I cautiously opened my eyes and saw that Jackal was gone.

Both Kat and I attempted to stand up. The blue crystal powder does not affect Kat, so she quickly was able to gain mobility of her legs. Her wrists were chained in front of her, so she attempted to deadlift my body to my feet.