NINE | PRINCESS IN SNEAKERS

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒩𝐼𝒩𝐸 | 𝒫𝑅𝐼𝒩𝒞𝐸𝒮𝒮 𝐼𝒩 𝒮𝒩𝐸𝒜𝒦𝐸𝑅𝒮

"𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮?"  -𝘙𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘒𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘥𝘺

𝓢ATURDAY 𝓝OVEMBER 𝓣WENTY - 𝓔IGHTH

Another week in Astalilia.

In America ... Aunt Mona, Kat, and I would have celebrated Thanksgiving together, but Astalilia does not have Thanksgiving. I opted out of my princess lessons on Thursday, because Kat and I sat in my bedroom eating traditional Thanksgiving food together. If we were back in Virginia, Kat and I would have been attempting to help Aunt Mona make everything, but she would be her usual controlling self and not let us help with anything. Instead, we would go to the local malls and find everything we wanted and hide it around the stores, so that at midnight on Black Friday we would know where everything is that we wanted.

I tried calling Aunt Mona Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. She never answered me, and she has not gotten back to me yet.  Kat has tried calling her a few times also, but all our calls have gone unanswered. Kat and I dreamed of getting away from our lives in the past and now that we have; we both really miss Aunt Mona.

Since calls did not seem to be working, Kat and I have started writing letters to Aunt Mona in the hopes that she will read them and finally call us back.

My level of frustration has been reaching its all-time high. There is less than a month until the Astalilian Winter Ball and I am no closer to finding out who the man with black lightning is. Nathan and I have been going into the village every single day after my princess lessons and our archery lessons to find information on this man. After the village, Kat and I worked with Dominick on handling a sword. It took a lot of promising adventures and late-night scary movies to convince Kat to even hold a sword.

Nathan and I sat on the curb of the main cobblestone road. It is barely past noon, and I am already on my third cup of iced coffee.

"Do you think he has a family?" I asked.

"Doubtful. Dark abilities are rare and a person with them usually builds a giant ego and lacks empathy for others," Nathan explained.

The search was leading us nowhere. "So, a middle-aged guy with no apparent family. Why is this so difficult?" I rhetorically asked.  My anxiety was through the roof right now. However, it got a little bit better when I saw a wonderful sight. The young girls that have the ability to make rainbows were walking towards Nathan and I. They looked happier. Braver. "How are you girls doing? Using those rainbows for good?"