TWENTY-NINE | MISERY PRINCESS NOT BUSINESS

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝒲𝐸𝒩𝒯𝒴-𝒩𝐼𝒩𝐸 | 𝑀𝐼𝒮𝐸𝑅𝒴 𝒫𝑅𝐼𝒩𝒞𝐸𝒮𝒮 𝒩𝒪𝒯 𝐵𝒰𝒮𝐼𝒩𝐸𝒮𝒮

"𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨'𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘥." —𝘐𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘦 𝘗𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳

The trees in this forest were too high. The darkness is thankfully still visible.

Not having technology was making our timetable hard to read.

The magic of the waterfall only works in the darkness.

We only had a short amount of time left to remove Jackal's abilities. If the sun began to rise over the trees, then we would all be permanently screwed.

Why a magical waterfall only works during the night is something beyond my capability of understanding. It seems like everywhere I turn, Astalilia has new rules, and I cannot keep up with all of the magic. However, if those are the rules, I will follow them until this is all over.

Gabe has been keeping track of the time in order to make sure we know how much time we have left, and how much time we have wasted in the process of chasing our tails.

Gabe and I strayed away from Henry, Kat, and Seraphina. The three of them needed to keep an eye on Jackal and make sure he does not leave this forest or get too far away from the waterfall.

"How much time is left?" I whispered.

"A little over two hours," Gabe whispered.

No more time to waste. 

"Two hours to get him into that waterfall, but we have all the time in the world to kill him," I muttered. At this point, I was thinking out loud. I had no plan.

"What can we do?" Gabe asked.

"I have no idea," I said, sounding defeated. "We need a miracle."

The repetition of swords colliding became unbearable.

My training has prepared me for this moment. However, the short breaths in between each collision were causing me to lose my breath.

Sweat cascaded down my forehead, and it felt like it was going to freeze onto my skin.

My movements were becoming weaker.  Seraphina and Henry attempted to step up and take control of the situation. Everyone knew that I wanted to be the one to kill Jackal; however, if I was going to kill Jackal, then I needed to be able to lift my arms above my head.

Constant soreness needed to be dealt with immediately.

"Any thoughts on that miracle?" Gabe asked.