THIRTY-SEVEN | ROYALTY GAMES

𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 𝒯𝐻𝐼𝑅𝒯𝒴-𝒮𝐸𝒱𝐸𝒩| 𝑅𝒪𝒴𝒜𝐿𝒯𝒴  𝒢𝒜𝑀𝐸𝒮

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘪𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘬𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘰𝘳. 𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦."  -𝘍𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘔𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 

Dominick arranged to have the seven of us taken to a stadium in Astalilia where competitions are held. No competitions were being held in the stadium, because the coronation was three days away. The seven of us are in deep shit with the royal family, so even Dominick is living life on the edge these last few days, after being on house arrest.

It is like the Roman coliseum. It is beautiful, and dirty. Literal dirt. 

Kat and I would be battling in a circle at the center of the arena. Henry, Gabe, Nathan, Dominick, and Seraphina sat in the middle of the stands in order to keep their distance. There is a clear glass that goes around the front row seats in order to keep the audience safe from abilities. 

Kat and I stood face to face with one another. We wore our matching cloaks and a simple riding outfit underneath. 

I have never done a battle royale before. Also, I have never seen one before. 

"Let's do this," I whispered.

I pushed my hood down in order to see better, but Kat left her on top of her head.

Maybe if she cannot see, then she will lose. 

Dominick stood up from his chair and used a microphone to start the battle, but first he explained the rules and how you win.

"First person to be forced outside of the circle, tap out of the match, or rendered powerless to the other's abilities is the winner. Any use of abilities is allowed. No outside weapons are allowed. However, metal shields are allowed for deflection," Dominick explained.

Kat wasted no time. I did not think that she would make the first move. I was impressed.

She held her palms upwards and two bolts of lightning levitating above her hands. She pushed her hands in my direction and the ball of lightning came flying in my direction.

I had no reaction time to conjure protection for myself, so I did a forward roll on the ground and kept myself inside the circle.

I tossed my shield to the side, because I needed both of my hands to use my ability enough to beat Kat.

I conjured a tree trunk from underneath the arena. My feet stood on the tree stump like a pedestal. Kat could not comprehend what I was doing, so she attempted to run forward and conjure lightning again. From the top of the tree stump, I held my arms up and balled them into fists, then I pulled my arms down into my stomach. Dozens of vines fell from the top of the arena and twisted themselves around Kat's arms, legs, and torso.