Chapter 3 : Mr. Careful

I am late for work. Thank god my boss isn't there to notice. I quickly go drop my stuff in the changing room. I put some lip gloss on my lips before I go to the bar. To say I am surprised when I come there would be an understatement.

Instead of one of the girls, there is a man standing behind the bar, serving drinks. He is tall, well build and has a killer smile. His hair is a messy dark blonde and his eyes are green. He is hot, though.

I go to him to help him with the drinks. I figured he must be the new employee, so I just get to work.

When he notices me, he smiles that boyish smile in my direction. "I don't think we've met." He offers me his hand for me to shake. "I'm Aaron." His voice has that dark hint and I like it a bit too much.

I smile back and accept his offered hand. "I'm Rory. You're new here?" I drop his hand when a customer comes to the bar, ordering a drink. When I go to mix it, I feel Aaron's presence behind me.

"Yeah, started today, actually."

I nod. "That's nice." I take the drink to the customer and charge him.

***

In an hour, the bar is packed. I still hadn't spotted Brooke. Aaron and I have had a lot of work, jumping here and there whenever the drink was ordered. We are both all sweaty and I can't help but appreciate how his white shirt clings to his body like a second skin, outlining his abs. My mouth waters and I think I drool a bit.

Even though I just ended a relationship with that douche bag, it doesn't mean I couldn't appreciate hot men like Aaron. And, well, maybe Braden.

Sure we are busy tonight, but not actually that busy that I wouldn't have time to notice how Aaron's muscles tense when he is preparing the drinks or how his shirt rides up whenever he passes a drink to a customer. Or how I get chills every time we accidentally touch with our bodies.

Thank god we actually quickly clicked, making fun out of each other. We are laughing and having fun and like men and women at the club and they all like what they see. Actually, I think Aaron got so many phone numbers today that I hadn't gotten in one week.

It feels nice that the attention is on someone else for one night and they aren't all turning it on me like previous nights.

I spot Brooke half an hour later when she comes in with her girls. I'd be a fool not to because most of the men's attention instantly goes on her. She was like she doesn't even know they are staring at her. She just keeps walking that confident walk I envy her that moment. She was coming straight to the bar counter.

When Aaron wants to go to them, I quickly grab his hand. "I got it," I whisper-shout in his ear so he can hear through all that loud music playing.

He gives me a thumb up.

I go to Brooke. "Hey! What would you like to drink?" I smile to them.

Brooke smiles really big. She turns to her friends and says something to them that I can't catch because of the loud music. The girls all smile at me then and shout some "Heys!"

There are three of them, two blondes and a redhead. Brooke whisper-shouts their names in my ear.

One of the blondes' name is Amy. She has a beautiful smile and long blonde hair with sharp blue eyes that are standing out because of the mascara covered lashes. She has a short red dress on and a killer body. Her lips are red, standing out on her pale face.

The other blonde is Sam. She has mid-long blonde hair and also blue eyes, and although they aren't as bright as Amy's, they still got that mesmerising pull. Her body is slightly curvy, but in the right places, which she knew how to take an advantage of with her blue tight dress.