Chapter 13 : Mr. Jolly

GOOD NEWS GUYS! I don't have school anymore from tomorrow on and I'll have more time to write! So, yeah, you got an early update. Vote & comment, please! 

A rustling in the room makes me open my eyes, which I immediately regret when the tiredness washes through my whole body. What time is it?

I turn around in my bed to reach for the nightstand, where Braden's phone lies. I notice the spot beside me on the bed is now empty, traces of Braden laying there before now gone.

Until the bathroom door opens and I'm greeted with the most amazing sight ever invented. Braden strolls out with only a towel wrapped around his body. My tiredness is now long forgotten.

When he sees I'm awake, although barely, he smiles big at me. My arm is stretched out over the spot where he used to lie, and I probably look like a retard, but who cares when the most beautiful man ever known smiles like that to me, vanishing my thoughts completely?

I manage a small smile back at him.

''I hope I didn't wake you.'' Oh, that delicious rough morning voice. Please keep talking.

I shake my head as a no. And then I notice it's still dark in the room, too dark. I peek out of the window and see the sun isn't even up yet. I stare back at Braden. ''What time is it?''

He comes to stand by my bed, then sits on it, placing his hand on my still covered body. ''It's half past five.''

''Half past five!'' I shoot up from the bed a little, then putting my arm around my eyes, groaning in it. I hear Braden chuckle.

''Why are you up this early?'' I ask him.

Braden removes the arm from my eyes and leans closer. ''I have to go to work. Now stop talking and give me a good morning kiss,'' he teases, but somewhere behind his words, I hear the threat.

I blush a little, and wow, I never thought my brain would ever function this early, making me remember I'm making an ass out of myself most of the time Braden is around.

I put my arm around his neck and pull him closer to me to give him a slow kiss, which I break soon, at what Braden responds with a disapproving groan. He wants to kiss me again, but I use my hands to back him away and I sit up a little in my bed. That makes the sheet fall down and Braden's eyes are instantly glued to my chest. Which is still covered, thank god. With his shirt. It makes a great effort not to smile giddily at that.

Braden's looking at me with a question written in his eyes. ''I still want to talk with you ...''

A realisation hits him and his face falls a bit. His mouth forms a straight line and he nods. ''I'll call you sometime to see you,'' he says in a tight voice.

I smile sadly at him. ''Don't make promises you can't keep,'' I mutter distantly.

His face falls even more and he places his palm on my cheek. ''I'm really sorry for that and I want to explain it to you. Just don't hold it against me until then, alright? Because I promise you, it's not what it looks like.'' He holds his gaze on me, his eyes boring into mine with sincerity.

I nod at him with a lump in my throat. ''Okay. But I don't have a phone right now if you forgot.'' Please don't ask me again what happened to it, because I'm stupid and blinded enough by your smile and sweet words that I might just tell you the truth. Which would probably make me an idiot in his eyes.

Braden looks at me hopefully. ''I'll take care of that,'' he says carefully.

But I know exactly what he means. I lean back away from him a bit and cross my arms on my chest. ''You're not buying me a phone, Braden,'' I state firmly.