Chapter 29 : Mr. Perfect

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

''I want you to take the day off on Saturday.''

I'm currently in the bathroom, applying the make-up and getting ready for work while Braden is leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed, not ever turning his gaze away from me.

It's unnerving and it made me nervous at first, but I soon relaxed. I look at him from the corners of my eyes. ''Why?'' I ask him warily.

''Because you're going to accompany me to the gala.''

I stop applying my mascara, my hand stays in mid air, and now I completely turn to face him. ''To the gala?''

Braden nods solemnly. ''Yeah. That's what I said.'' I see he tries hard not to grin. Smart ass.

''Where's the question, though?'' I return back to applying the mascara.

''The question?'' Braden repeats, dumbfounded.

I lift an eyebrow and even though I'm not facing him, I'm sure he can see my expression in the mirror. ''Yes, Braden, the question,'' I reply patiently.

Braden seems to realize what I'm trying to say and he sets his mouth in a stubborn straight line, lifting his chin up higher in defiance. ''There's no question.''

I keep myself from rolling my eyes, but just barely. ''So you're informing me that we're going to the gala?'' I ask just to make sure.

Braden eyes me warily and shrugs nonchalantly. ''Pretty much,'' he says carefully.

I apply my lipstick, rub my lips together and blow a kiss to the mirror. Then I turn to Braden and smile at him. ''I think I have the perfect dress for it,'' I inform him and Braden smiles a slow, huge smile at me.

''So, that's it? No complaints? No fight?''

I frown at him. ''What? Do you want to fight?'' I ask him jokingly. ''Besides, I'm a half a million richer now, I think I can afford one day off.''

I try to get past him, giving my hips extra sway, but he stops me with his hand wrapping around me and landing on my bare butt. Because I'm wearing only my underwear. And I haven't heard Braden complaining so far. He's grinning down at me, but now his eyes carry a heat in them and when he drops them down my body, he licks his lips. I have to stifle a groan.

''Damn, baby, you're going to be the death of me,'' Braden admits close to my ear. I put my hands on his forearms for better balance, because his words almost undo me.

Because I'm not wearing my heels, I'm a lot shorter than him and I have to look up at him. I stare deep into his eyes. ''Such a sweet talker,'' I joke.

I see a spark in Braden's eyes, before he puts his hand in my hair and brings our lips together in a desiring kiss that spins my world around just a bit. When he pulls me closer to him, I feel his erection straining in his trousers and I nearly cave into this pleasure.

''I envy all those men who have the pleasure to watch you the whole night,'' Braden says quietly, now staring at my lips, which are puffy and pouty and all the lip-gloss is gone. Braden licks his lips again.

With all the force I can find in my body, I put my hands on his chest and push him away just a bit, to put some space between us. ''It's not like you don't watch me on the security cameras,'' I point out.

Braden grins, not even trying to deny it. In fact, he even looks smug about it. ''But it's never the same as having the real thing.''

His words set my body on fire. I look at him with my lust-filled eyes, but I don't let myself get lost in him. I wonder if he's trying to make me late on purpose. Because it's working.