Chapter 15 : Mr. Talker

Yes, another update! I now have much more time to write and much more time to think this story through. I have A LOT of ideas for this story and I was thinking about making two books about it ... hmm, we'll see. :)

And, yes, this chapter is long again. I know many people don't like long chapters, but I'm sorry if you're one of them, but I love writing long chapters - it's how I imagined this story to be!

Please don't forget to comment what you think so far and if you have any ideas what will happen next, feel free to write them down, also if you have any questions you can either write them in the comments or in my inbox. And, of course, don't forget to vote!

When I woke up this morning, Braden wasn't there with me in bed anymore. I presume he went to work, but I deeply hope it wasn't as early as it was yesterday. He needs more rest for how much he works.

And that's how I stay alone with my thoughts flowing in the flat. It's times like this that I wish I had a more normal job, working at normal hours just like everyone else does.

I grab my phone but don't know what to do with it. Braden hasn't left any messages. But then again, why does everything have to be about Braden?

I remember I haven't spoken with Lily since the outburst she had about baby. What a shitty friend I am, completely forgetting about others' well-being. With a lump in my throat, I type a message to ask her if she's okay and if she and Jared solved their problem. Thankfully, I know her number by heart, so I don't have troubles with reaching out to her. I send her another message that it's me and I have a new number.

Then, I just call my mum to inform her of my new number, too. I hope she wasn't trying to call me and then worry herself as to why I'm not answering my phone for days.

''Hello?'' My mum's voice travels in my ear, making me smile warmly. I miss this woman.

''Hey, mum. It's Rory,'' I inform her cheerfully.

''Rory, sweetheart! Do you have a new number?'' she asks.

I sit down on the couch and bring my legs on the table, relaxing. ''Yeah, that's why I'm calling actually,'' I reply.

''Not because you miss your old ones?'' she teases and I have to chuckle at that.

''Mum, you know I miss you. Both of you,'' I admit.

''I know, baby. We miss you, too,'' she says softly. My heart warms. ''You're still coming this Sunday, aren't you?''

''Yes, I am,'' I tell her.

''That's good, just checking. And that flatmate of yours – what is her name again? I can never remember!'' she says with frustration, puffing out air through her nose.

I laugh. ''It's Brooke, mum. Come on, it's not that hard,'' I joke.

''Yes, for you maybe. You're young and you remember things quickly!'' she disclaims.

I huff. ''You're not that old yourself, mother.''

''Yeah, yeah ...'' she dismisses. ''So, is she coming?'' she wants to know.

''She said yes when I asked her but I'll ask her today again, just so she doesn't forget.''

''Fine. I have to go, Steven needs me for something apparently. It was good talking with you, sweetie.''

I smile at the ceiling. ''It was good talking to you, too. Say hi to dad for me.''

''Will do. Goodbye, Rory. See you on Sunday.''

''Bye, mum.'' I hang up.

I'm in a much better mood now, having heard my mum's voice. I can't wait to see both my parents on Sunday. You could say I'm one of those people who loves their parents to death and isn't afraid to admit it.