Chapter 30 : Mr. Jealous

Don't forget to vote and comment!

The minute Braden offers me his hand, helping me get out of the car, and I step out, flashlights flash, blinding me and catching me totally off guard. I wasn't expecting it, but Braden obviously did, because he has a tight grip on my lower back, keeping me close to his body.

He kisses my temple to reassure me and I blush slightly, knowing that this might appear all over the Internet tomorrow. But I don't care. I look at him and smile happily at him, thanking him silently for bringing me here with him. I feel important standing beside such an amazing and powerful man.

He leads me inside, holding me to him all the time while cameras go off and I hear people throw questions at him, some business ones, others wondering if I'm his 'girl' and if we're serious. Braden doesn't comment on anything. He keeps his chin lifted and his eyes straight, being the image of a powerful man he truly is. I admire him for the confidence he has, but then again, being as successful as he is at that age, he has all the reason to be confident.

We leave our coats in the resigned place before going inside. When I take my coat off, Braden's eyes again take my full form in. He has a smouldering hot look when his eyes rake back to mine. I flush as giddiness settles inside me. I suddenly feel like giggling like a girl being praised. God, I'm pathetic.

When Braden puts his hand back on my back, his hand touching my bare skin, he goes completely still and a small moan leaves his lips. My body feels that moan right in the very right parts. ''Jesus, Rory,'' Braden says under his breath. I look at him with big eyes. He looks at my open back and he closes his eyes for a long second, getting himself under control. ''I'm not going to survive this night,'' he says, opening his eyes and stares directly at me.

I smile to him, currently floating on a cloud nine.

Braden kisses my cheek and then leans in to whisper in my ear, ''I'm here with the most beautiful woman tonight. Watch every man wishing he'd be in my place the whole night.''

I feel like all breath leaves my body with his words and my chest gets too tight. I smile at him, showing my teeth and Braden puts his thumb at the corner of my mouth, his eyes shining. ''You're being silly,'' I say, still grinning up at him.

Braden shakes his head. ''Not at all. But on the second thought, they better not glance in your way if they don't want me to break their fingers. Or anything else,'' he threatens, but his tone is happy.

I roll my eyes. ''Stop being such a caveman. You'll be ogled by females tonight, too. Does it give me an excuse to fight them?''

Braden's eyes dangerously flash. ''Oh, I'd pay to see that,'' he comments with a low voice.

I snort. ''Take me inside,'' I command, trying hard not to full out laugh.

''Of course, my lady.'' He dramatically bows before me and gives me his arm for me to take. I happily place my palm on it.

As we come inside, a gasp leaves my lips.

Braden looks at me, smiling softly. ''You like?'' he asks quietly, for my own ears only.

I stare deep into his eyes. ''I love,'' I breathe. And I don't just talk about the whole decoration, which is a fairy-tale like.

Because of the chilly autumn air, the gala is held inside. And everywhere you look in the enormous room, you see blue. Literally. The lights are dimmed, making a dark atmosphere, but what makes it so magical are the blue lights. Whether there are blue balls hanging from the ceiling or the small lights on the wall and the floor, creating a path, everything's blue. It's beautiful.