Chapter 27 : Mr. Hero

In case no one told you this today - I love you. (Random - but, hey, I'm all about random!)

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

When we both escape the cold air in my flat, both silent, I catch Brooke standing where I've last seen her by the couch, staring down at her phone. The sound of the door opening and closing makes her head turn up. ''Oh, thank God,'' she murmurs, looks at me firstly, then at Braden and Braden nods at her. She nods back and escapes into her room.

I frown and shift my gaze completely to Braden in a questioning way. He avoids my eyes, but I narrow my eyes at him, drop his hand and cross my arms in front of me. He sighs. ''Let's go to the kitchen. I'll cook you some dinner.''

He shrugs off his coat and waits to take mine. I take it off and I follow Braden into the kitchen, completely confused and ready to burst up because I hate not knowing what's going on when it clearly involves me somehow.

I stand in the kitchen awkwardly, not knowing how to approach this situation properly. Braden takes out a chair and points at it. ''Sit down.''

''Ooh, so demanding,'' I try to joke lightly, but my voice comes out tight and Braden's lines harden. I swallow my lump and strictly sit on the offered seat.

Braden puts his hands on my shoulders and rests them there for a moment. Then, he leans down and places a soft kiss on my cheek. And just like that his touch is gone, along with his muscular scent that I adore so much. My body stiffens against my will.

''What do you want to eat?'' Braden asks me, making me turn my head. He's already searching through the cabinets.

''Anything would be great.'' Although I can't really think about food right now. I'm not hungry at all, I'm actually nervous because something's going on that I don't know about. How can I eat when in anticipation? ''Can I help you?'' I ask in hopes to do something with myself.

Braden abruptly looks at me with sharp eyes. ''Absolutely not. You sit there and wait while I do the work.''

I want to sulk, telling him that he was working for the whole day while I basically didn't do anything, except for searching the jobs and sleeping half of the day off. It's not fair that he does everything, but his dark face prevents me from saying anything more. He's clearly in a bad mood today. I sigh.

So I just sit there while Braden starts cooking and go through the possible things Braden wants to talk to me about that are more important than going to my work and earning the money I lost back.

Is he still mad at me for not telling him about Charles? Shit, I hope he didn't find out about the phone call! I remind myself to tell him before someone else does and because I just want to tell him everything. Maybe I should start trusting him more.

I watch his back as he cooks. He looks amazing even when he's cooking. I frown a bit when I see he's still in a suit, even though he put the dress jacket off and is now in only his dress shirt with his sleeves rolled up and he has an apron wrapped around him, protecting his clothes. I can't deny his ass looks so delicious in his trousers, but I love seeing him in jeans.

''Why don't you go change into something more comfortable, Braden? I don't want you to destroy your clothes.'' I propose, almost afraid to break the silence between us. But I'm really so nervous that I have to do something before I start bumping my head down onto the desk.

Braden looks down at himself as if only now realising that he's still wearing his suit. His suits must be really expensive because they all look like they're made just for him, but it seems like he doesn't care about that anyway. ''Yeah, I suppose,'' he murmurs distantly, but not stepping away from the stove.