Chapter 4 : Mr. Playful

When I wake up in the morning, it's 11 am. My head is pounding and I have a hard time opening my eyes. I actually feel good, even though my head feels like there were bricks lying on it for the past seven hours.

I jump out of bed and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower. My hair was all kinds of messy, but a brush does a magic and it's good in under two minutes. It's Saturday anyway.

When I am finished in the bathroom, I give myself one last smile in the mirror and go out. My head doesn't hurt so much anymore, but I still wanted some coffee to wake me up completely and if the headache doesn't end, take some medicine.

I don't even bother to change my clothes - I have a habit to lay in my pyjama on Saturdays and just do nothing. I was singing a tune and swirling around to the kitchen where I completely stop in my tracks and almost fall on my butt.

Braden is standing in the middle of the kitchen, having an amused expression on his face. He is in his black suit with a dark purple tie this time. His hair is actually kinda messy, but it gives him a sexy look. He has a cup of (probably) coffee in his and his eyes are dancing while he watches me.

I blush ten shades of red in under three seconds and I suddenly don't know what to do with myself. My first wonder is what the hell is he doing here again. Followed by why in the world does this man always look so good?

I clear my throat and look down. I let my hair fall over my face and I am glad for this, because when I notice what I'm wearing I think I blush even more - if that's even possible!

I should win an award for the most embarrassing moments in 24 hours.

I take some deep breaths and lift my head. I can't act like I've never seen a man in my life before. I don't want him to think of me as some fool.

I guess Braden noticed my bare legs, barely covered in some sizes too big shirt that doesn't even come down to my knees, because he is staring at them, his expression completely changes from amused to something darker. I start tugging my shirt down, hoping to cover up some more skin. It's no help.

He notices my movements and he lifts his head, looking at me and not even looking apologetic that he was caught looking at my legs, no, the bastard even gives me this big, toothed smile that makes me forget where I am for a moment. His teeth are blindingly white and straight and I have to grip a counter so my legs don't give out and I fall on my butt, which would be one more thing to add on my the-most-embarrassing-list-in-24-hours as if it isn't long enough.

His eyes are a darker shade than before I came to the kitchen, or so I think. Maybe it is just the light changing.

"What are you doing here?" I blurt out without even thinking. Yep, one more thing to add to the list, I point out to myself.

Braden straightens up and smiles even bigger. "Good morning to you, too, Rory. I slept very well, thanks for asking. And how did you sleep?" His voice is composed, hinting of sarcasm even, but I'm not exactly sure.

I love the way he says my name. He says it so precisely and it sounds just right coming from his lips.

I narrow my eyes at him. What game is he playing? "Fine, thanks. You didn't answer my question," I point out, my face and tone both very serious.

Braden shakes his head, still smiling. "Aren't you a bunch of joy in the morning?" He laughs and I can't help but laugh with him. I WAS in a good mood before I saw him standing here in the kitchen, which threw me completely off guard, but I keep my mouth shut. "Coffee?" he offers, lifting his cup to my face.

When I smell a coffee in it, I don't even think twice, before I grab the mug out of his hands and take a long sip of the heavenly made coffee. I look at Braden and his eyes are on my lips, then he moves them to the spot on the mug I have my lips pressed on, then at me again and shows me his teeth with a breathtaking smile again.