⚘three⚘

Ambitious mamas rejoice, for the new Duke of Hastings continues to grace our fair city with his presence. And, oh, what an impressive presence it is! It should be noted that the Duke has been overheard announcing to mamas everywhere that he has no plans of ever marrying. This author wonders which brazen matchmaker shall rise to such a challenge, for this competition is well underway.

It has reached my ears that Mr. Colin Bridgerton shall be awarded the year's grand prize when he sweeps Miss Thompson off her pretty little slippered feet. In other news, a most peculiar suitor for Miss Daphne Bridgerton has emerged.

For some reason I have been invited to dinner at the Bridgerton family home. I do not mind though. Dinner with the Bridgerton family is much more delightful than with my own. I am surprised to see that the Duke has also received an invitation.

"Haven't you heard what we're talking about?" Benedict asks.

"For all we know, Whistledown may be some interloper living in Bloomsbury, of all places," Anthony offers.

"What should be so terrible about Bloomsbury? That people there actually work for a living?" Benedict says.

"She does seem to be someone with access," Daphne offers.

"Who knows if Whistledown is even a she?" Colin asks.

"Fair point," Anthony says.

"Because she is simply too good to be anyone but a man?" Eloise asks.

"Well, I think it rather obvious that the writer is Lady Danbury," Francesca offers.

"Lady Danbury enjoys sharing her insults with society directly. She would never bother herself writing them all down," I reason.

"Could it be Lady Featherington?" Hyacinth questions.

"No!" I shout.

"No!" everyone says with a laugh.

"You have yet to read what Whistledown writes of the Featheringtons, little sister," Eloise tells her.

I smile as I wave. "I doubt any of us Featheringtons are capable of being Lady Whistledown, but you Bridgertons though..."

"Us?" Benedict questions.

"I'm not ruling it out," I tease.

"Gregory!" Hyacinth pounds her fists on the table. "Would you stop tossing peas at me?"

"Those peas were already there. You cannot tell me what to do. I am older," Gregory tells her.

"And I'm taller," Hyacinth counters.

"Children..." Lady Bridgerton scolds with a chuckle.

"I'm to spar with Jackson himself," Colin tells Benedict.

"You?" Benedict questions.

"Is that envy I detect in your voice?" Colin taunts.

"I think it judgement," I offer.

"I shall need to witness this," Benedict tells him.

Suddenly both Colin and Benedict turn to look at Daphne and the Duke.

"What are we looking at?" I whisper to Benedict.

"I'm unsure. Anthony just motioned for Colin and I to watch the two of them," Benedict whispers.

"Well I shall watch as well," I whisper.

Benedict chuckles.

"Hastings, I'm so glad you decided to join us this evening. It was most spontaneous of you," Anthony says.