⚘nineteen⚘

We all know the great lengths a young lady will go in pursuit of a proposal. And apparently, she will travel great distances too. Lord Anthony Bridgerton appears to be inching ever so closer to selecting his viscountess, and to that end has invited our diamond to join him for an excursion at his ancestral home, Aubrey Hall.

Country air indeed clears the mind and invigorates the body. Might this be the final gust that pushes the viscount over the precipice of a proposal? Of course, the luckless souls remaining in town will have to find new diversions in the absence of their most precious of stones.

Benedict and I are staying at Aubrey Hall with his family. His mother is hosting a ball and of course Benedict and I have decided to come along early to help. Anthony has also decided to invite Miss Edwina, Lady Mary, Miss Sharma, and Lady Danbury. I suppose things are moving forward between him and Miss Edwina.

Daphne walks into the drawing room holding baby Augie.

"Sister!" Fran says with a gasp.

"Oh, I am so pleased you were able to come," Lady Bridgerton tells Daphne.

"As if I would allow dear Augie to miss out on watching his mother win this little family tradition," Daphne reasons. "Second year in a row, if I might add."

"Charming words from a duchess," Benedict teases.

"A duchess who is still a Bridgerton," Daphne argues.

"Oh, come and see the baby, Eloise," Fran tells her.

"Why? Has he changed since I saw him last?" Eloise asks.

"He's grown at least an inch, haven't you?" Daphne says. "Who's that, then?"

Lady Bridgerton laughs happily as she takes Augie into her arms. "Oh, my lovely. Here we go. Yes. There we are." Lady Bridgerton goes to hand Augie over to Eloise. "There we go."

Augie begins to cry the moment Eloise takes hold of him.

"Do not mind your Auntie Eloise," Colin says as he takes hold of Augie. "She's too busy reading to notice anything else, as usual."

"Is it not nap time? Perhaps Uncle Colin will lull you to sleep with his many tales from his travels," Eloise says.

"Yes. I seem to be missing the peace and solitude of the Greek isles already," Colin says.

"Enjoying your brief respite from the ferocious packs of marriage-minded young ladies, Brother?" Daphne asks Anthony.

"Quite the opposite, Sister. I have invited one such young lady and her family to join us today," Anthony informs her.

"Anthony has invited a young lady to Aubrey Hall?" Daphne asks in disbelief.

"Yes, and she is quite lovely," Lady Bridgerton tells her.

"My word! Well, I cannot wait to meet the woman who has captured your heart. Tell me, what is she like?" Daphne says.

"Miss Edwina is the picture of grace, beauty, and charm. Unfortunately, she has a most annoying sister who has styled herself as something of a gatekeeper," Anthony informs her. Daphne looks to her siblings. "I'm afraid you must all help me win over both sisters, if I am to find my bride."

"And now you appeal for help. My, you must be smitten by this miss," Daphne reasons.

"Or the sister is a formidable obstacle, indeed," Benedict offers.

"Fear not, Anthony. Seeing as though you were such a help to me last season, it would only be fair of me to return the favor," Daphne assures him.

"Is that a promise or a threat?" Anthony asks.