Chapter 12

Tubbo walked up to his best friend's house's front door and knocked. The door opened revealing Tommy's mother. "Oh, Tubbo, here to get Tommy?" She asked. "Come in, you know where his room is."

"Thank you Mrs. Innit," Tubbo said before heading upstairs. "Heyo," he greeted, entering the other's room without knocking. Tubbo stared at Tommy for a moment before he burst out laughing.

"What—What the hell man?" Tubbo wiped a few stray tears he got from laughing. "You're going to the Halloween event like that?"

Tommy was stood in the middle of the room, a white sheet hanging over him.

"I forgot about the fucking event alright?" Tommy yelled.

"The sheet doesn't even have eye holes!"

"It was last minute," Tommy removed the sheet from himself. "I only remembered after you messaged me that you were coming over like 7 minutes ago."

"How?" Tubbo asked in an exasperated tone. "We made posters for this. We hung those posters. You literally had a week to prepare a costume."

"Yeah, well what are you supposed to be?"

"I'm a bee!" Tubbo was wearing a black and yellow sweater, black trousers, and small wings. 

Tommy stared at him, face kept unamused. "Of course you are," he sighed. "What's with the fencing sword?"

"It's my stinger." Tubbo proceeded to poke Tommy with the sword as he laughed.

"Okay okay, I get it," Tommy said, avoiding the sword. "You know a bee dies after stinging someone. You should be dead now." 

"I'm built different."

Tommy stared at Tubbo, his face morphing into one that looks like he's thinking, "Where are your antennas?" He asked, opting to ignore the last comment, as he pointed at the shorter's head.

"I don't really know," Tubbo said. "I think my sister have it."

"Oh, you're babysitting today aren't you?" Tommy asked.

"Barely," Tubbo shook his head. "Lani's old enough to do her own thing. I'm sticking close just in case." Tubbo glanced at the digital clock by Tommy's bed, 5:30. "That reminds me, we have to go. She's at her friend's house."

"Yeah, I'm not wearing this shit until I actually have to." Tommy folded the sheet and brought it with him as the two of them went back downstairs. "Mum! Tubbo and I are gonna go!"

"Be back before 10 pm!"

It was about a ten minute walk from Tommy's to their destination. When they got there Tubbo knocked on the door, which was opened by a blond girl wearing a red jacket.

"Hi! Is Lani here?" Tubbo asked.

"Oh, hello!" Lani popped up from behind the other girl.

"Is this your brother?" The girl asked.

"Yup, Tubbo and his friend Tommy," Lani said. "Guys this is Drista." 

"'sup." Drista raised her left hand and gave a small wave.

"Drista," Tommy started. "Sounds like a name I'd give someone."

"Yeah, definitely," Tubbo agreed.

"...What?"

Lani leaned towards Drista's ear and whispered, "I'd ignore them if I were you."

"Are you two leaving already?" A woman—who they assumed was Drista's mother—appeared, walking down the stairs.