Chapter 31

"KARLOS! WHAT THE FUCK! IT'S 4 AM!" The person in the crystal ball yelled.

"Quackity!" Karl greeted with a laugh.

"What is it man?" Quackity let out a yawn. His eyes wondered to Karl's right where Tommy was sat. "Ew, a child," he said.

"What the fuck?" Tommy asked shaking his head, making the beanied man laugh.

"Quackity, meet Tommy," Karl started, "Tommy, Quackity."

"Big Q's human then?" Tommy asked.

"Big Q?" Quackity questioned, but was ignored.

"Yeah," Karl said. "We became friends after umm, what did you do again?"

"I was messing around at an empty parking lot at like 3 am, you know, for a dare," Quackity said. "So I had like an Ouija Board and I tried summoning a ghost."

"And as it turns out, that the empty parking lot was my bound area," Karl said.

"Why were you bound to an empty parking lot?" Tommy furrowed his eyebrows.

"My old house was located there," Karl said with a chuckle, "Tommy, I've been dead for couple of hundred years. An abandoned house is bound to get destroyed as time passed."

"Yeah, so I managed to summon him," Quackity said.

"Oh, oh!" Tommy exclaimed. "How does that work?" 

"I mean if you're already in the area, all you have to do is respond to the person summoning you," Karl explained. "But if you're here in the Ghost Realm, your portal here begins to hum, like so loud an I'm forced to get whoever's portal is humming. Once they're on the other side, they get to decide if they want to talk to the summoners."

"And apparently, me yelling 'Hello' is enough," Quackity said.

"What can I  say, I'm a friendly ghost," Karl said.

"Alright, now, why'd you call me so early?" Quackity asked.

"Yeah, well—" Karl stopped talking when he heard one of the portals hum, meaning someone just entered. "Everyone hush up," he whispered.

A few minutes had passed, and once Karl was sure that whoever came through was gone, he stood up. "Someone just got here, I'm gonna go check that out," he said. "You two uhh—Tommy, tell him what happened. I'll be back."

Karl left the two in the room and walked towards his station. He looked around and found no one, so he flipped through the log book on the counter and saw a couple of names added in—the most recent one being 'Dream'.  The brunet gave a sigh of relief.

"We're all good," Karl said as he re-entered the room. "No threats or anything," he explained.

"So why'd you call me?" Karl heard Quackity ask.

"You told him the whole thing already?" Karl asked, and received a nod in response. "What? I was gone for like not even five minutes."

"He literally only said, and I quote," Quackity started. "'Court's a wrongun and now on the run. Need to get back to Human Realm 'cause I ain't dead' end quote."

Karl laughed, "Yeah, that's pretty much it."

"So, yeah, why'd you call me?" Quackity repeated. "I have no clue how this ghost stuff works."

"Well, as of now, you're our only contact to the Human Realm," Karl explained. "None of the other method worked, and since the only other way is to use a crystal ball, I thought why not try it."