Chapter 3

The afternoon sun shining across the sky was a refreshing sight considering it was cloudy all week. But instead of enjoying it, there he was. Tommy stood outside the school entrance contemplating on where to go on from there.

"Tommy," Tubbo whined. "Don't tell me I have to drag you all the way there."

"You do realize that you've been pulling on my arm for five minutes now, and I still haven't moved an inch." Tommy stared at Tubbo who was practically latched on his arm, pulling on it in an attempt to make him move towards the forest. "Have I ever told you how clingy you are?"

"Loads of times." Tubbo stopped his attempts with a sigh. "Which doesn't make sense really. If I remember correctly, you followed me around school everyday since you mo-"

"Okay!" Tommy grabbed Tubbo's wrist and began leading him towards the forest. "Off we go!" He yelled making the brunett smirk.

"I don't understand why you're so avoidant of this place." Tubbo ducked under a tree branch, but managed to stumble on a root in exchange. "Just yesterday, at this exact time, you were beaming with excitement."

Tommy swatted a bee away from his face with his arm before responding. "I told you what I saw. There was a fucking—are you even listening?"

"Oh!" Tubbo pulled his attention back on Tommy. "Yup, I was. I definitely wasn't playing with that bee just now." He made a not so subtle movement to let the bee fly off his palms.

Tommy rolled his eyes."So yeah, there was this fucking—I don't even know. I think it's a ghost."

"Why'd you say that?"

"It looked like one of the guys on the picture," he said. "You know, the brown haired bloke."

"Maybe it's a trick of the light," Tubbo said thoughtfully. "The door was slightly open and you happened to look at a picture that I missed?"

"No, no." Tommy shook his head. "I refuse to believe that awful theory of your's. I know what I saw."

"Okay." Tubbo shrugged his shoulders. "If you want the house to be haunted, you do you."

"Tubbo," Tommy whined. "You're supposed to be my bro. My brother. Why do you not believe me."

"Beacuse," Tubbo started. "I haven't seen anything weird happen. Sure that thing looks scary as shit." He gestured to the house that just came into view. "Which is exactly why we're painting those walls once we have actual money to buy paint—but apart from that, it seems normal." Tubbo twisted the doorknob and went inside. Tommy following him, silently mocking his words.

"Why did we come back here anyway?" Tommy asked, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, it's supposed to be a secret place isn't it?" Tubbo looked back at him. "So I thought, why don't we decorate for a bit."

Tommy hummed. "Yeah, seems like a pla—"

"Also, the bathroom's not gonna clean itself," Tubbo said, already inching away from the scene. "Better put that bucket into good use eh?"

Tommy groaned in annoyance. "Tubbo!" He yelled after the boy who sprinted towards the backyard. "Don't—I'm not—aw come on!"

Tommy walked towards the bathroom. It looked worse inside his head, but that doesn't make it any better. The room was still mucky, mossy, and had the smell of wet towels dried wrong. He hrabbed his blue bucket that he left by the door the day before. Why did I get stuck with this job? This is fucking bullshit!

A lot later, Tubbo was back inside the living room. Focused on the wall that was directly in front of the front door. He tilted his head in wonder.