Chapter 16

"Tubbo!" Wilbur yelled, his figure standing—floating—in the middle of the living room. "Come! We shall set forth on a journey to collect these sacred items they call blankets and pillows!" Tubbo—who, like Tommy, was already dressed in his sleepwear—cheered as he followed Wilbur to the second floor of the house so that they can gather things that they would need to make a fort.

Tommy gave the two an odd look, while Technoblade—who was beside him—shook his head with a disappointed sounding sigh. Philza chuckled at Wilbur and Tubbo's antics and turned to the other two, "I'll clear out the area for the fort. Why don't you two get the food ready, yeah?"

Techno groaned, "I didn't even agree to participate in this."

"Oh c'mon big man." Tommy tried nudging Techno with his elbow, only for it to go through the ghost. "Is that any way to treat guests?" He began leading him and Techno to the kitchen. 

"Guest? You two are barely guests here," Techno said. "You practically claimed this house as your own."

"Now let's not get into the details, Blade," Tommy said. He grabbed the two paper bags filled with pastries from the bakery, while Techno floated up to the cupboards to fetch bags of chips. "Hey look, there's a note." Tommy smiled as he read. 'Have fun on your sleepover -NIki'

Techno hummed from behind the boy as he read the note as well, "Well, she seems nice," he said before going back to gathering bowls and plates for the food.

"Yeah," Tommy agreed, "Did you know, she gave us free cookies yesterday?" Tommy said, arranging the plate. Techno grunted in acknowledgement. 

"You're not very talkative, are ya Techno?"

"Huh, I wonder what gave that away."

"Well, you know it's just that—was that sarcasm?"

"..."

"Bitch," Tommy glared at the older before going over to the cooler where he and Tubbo kept drinks. "'ey! Techno!"

Technoblade instinctively looked, only to be met with tiny bits of ice. It went through him of course. The little shithead didn't mind that though, evident with the mocking grin on his face.

"...Why?" Techno asked. "Why are you like this?"

Tommy was about to respond, but was cut off by a loud yell from upstairs. "What the fuck are those two doing?"

A loud crash echoed through one of the bedrooms as Tubbo fell to the floor. Wilbur's voice reaching a higher pitch the longer he laughed at the boy.

"Wilbur, have you ever been told how much of an arsehole you can be?" Tubbo asked.

Wilbur gasped for air, "I did warn you Tubbo." he wiped non-existent tears from his eyes.

"Saying, 'The sacred Quilt of Wimblerton is guarded by a creature with unmatched godly forces' then telling me to open the closet door only for a laughing skeleton to fall on me," Tubbo paused to push the skeleton prop—that was at least a head taller than him, mind you—off of him. "That doesn't count as warning!"

Wilbur hummed, "No. I say it does count."

"Wha—" 

"Oh look, there's the quilt." Wilbur pointed to the corner of his old closet. 

Tubbo sighed and went to grab the blue and white quilt. He then stashed it into a box that he and Wilbur were filling up with all the blankets and pillows they could find. It was a rather large box. Large enough to cover Tubbo's whole upper half when he lifts it up. 

Wilbur chuckled as he watched the young boy stumble a bit—seeing that the huge box was blocking his vision, as well as the fact that Tubbo is small. He floated closer to Tubbo, "Alright, I'll take that." Wilbur touched the box, transferring some of his energy so that the box would be considered as a part of him and would be able to float as well.