Chapter 21

"...Are you going to tell us what it is or are you just gonna keep floating there, trying to be mysterious and shit?" Tommy asked the ghosts.

"Well, there's always my bucket hat," Phil said as he glanced up. "I was wearing it when I died, but I have another one around here. Will that work?"

"Eret says as long as you believe that it is precious to you, it'll work," Tubbo said.

Wilbur made a face, "What kind of TV show bullshit is that?"

"Hey, beats me," Tubbo raised his hands, "I'm not the one who made the ritual."

"What about you Wilbur?" Tommy asked.

"I'd say my beanie, but as you can see," Wilbur gestured to his head. "I'm also wearing it, and unlike Phil here, I don't buy the same things twice."

Techno huffed, "Tell that to your yellow sweaters, you hypocrite."

Wilbur glared at the other, "I bought two! Phil has four of the same hat!" He said. "But yeah, I'd say the yellow sweater is a good substitute. Besides this one that I'm wearing is barely used, so I'd say the other one holds more significance to my now non-existent life."

Tommy turned to the pink haired ghost, "Well, what's it gonna be Blade?"

Techno hummed, "I have a crown and a cape. Take your pick, I guess."

Tubbo perked up, "Can we get the cape? That sounds cooler." Techno shrugged his shoulders.

"Alright, I think my cape's somewhere in my room," Techno said. "Probably in the closet, Tommy did stuff everything there."

"My sweater's in my closet, that I'm sure of," Wilbur said. 

"Well, Techno, Tubbo, and I will look for the cape 'cause there's a lot of shit in Techno's closet," Phil started. "You and Tommy get your sweater"

With that, the two groups split off—one going to Techno's room, the other to Wilbur's. 

Techno opened his closet door and stared as the items inside immediately flowed down to the floor. "Right, this looks like this."

"We never got around to uncluttering it huh?" Tubbo said, "Why is your special item a cape or crown anyway?" 

Techno hummed as he sorted through all the junk, "Had it when I was in middle school for a play."

 "He was this brutal fighter with a 'Blood God' alias," Phil explained, helping the pink-haired male look.

"Best role I've ever got."

"He didn't even have to act," Phil chuckled. "Most people are terrified of Techno already anyway."

"Why?" Tubbo asked with a nervous laugh as he set another book to the side.

"Gotten into too many fights, won every single one of them, then yeah, bunch of losers started to get scared," Techno said.

"Oh," Tubbo said. "Okay then."

It was silent for a moment.

"Hey...uhh, do you guys mind sharing a bit of what you guys remember?" Tubbo asked.

"Why'd you want to know?" Phil raised an eyebrow.

"I—just curious, ya know," Tubbo said. "I mean, at least with Wil, I know his other specialized bond, but nothing on you two."

"Well, what do you wanna know?" Techno asked.

"What do you guys remember?"

Techno hummed, looking over to Phil—who nodded his head,"Not much. There's umm, a cave, machete, bloody water, red."