Chapter 24

If you were to ask Tommy how he felt after helping with the bakery yesterday, he would tell you that it's fuckin' tiring. So much so, he woke up that Sunday morning, ate breakfast, laid around on his bed, eventually falling asleep again. He didn't even manage to eat lunch since no one was around to wake him up—his parents were off on a business trip for a couple of days.

So when he woke up with his phone ringing and vibrating, he was confused. Tommy groaned as he grabbed it, the bright '5:30 pm' staring him in the face. Why do I have an alarm set for 5:30? He thought as he turned it off, glancing at the date.

It was the 16th. Why does he feel he's forgetting something.

"Shit!" He shot up from his bed. "The festival is in thirty minutes."

Tommy grabbed his clothes and a towel before rushing to the bathroom, taking a quick shower. When he changed his clothes, he felt as if he was forgetting something, but time was ticking so he didn't think much of it. 

He grabbed his phone, wallet, keys, and Wilbur's sweater before running out of the house. Locking the door behind him, he headed to the forest.

"There you are!" Tubbo exclaimed from the edge of the forest where he and Ranboo were waiting with the ghosts. "We thought you forgot about the festival and was going to be late or something."

"Pfff, as if," Tommy rolled his eyes, chuckling nervously.

"Well, let's go," Phil said, "we have, like ten minutes to get to the town square."

"Hey, Tommy, can we switch items," Tubbo said.

"What? No way," Tommy said.

"C'mon, Ranboo won't trade with me," Tubbo said.

Tommy smirked, "Fine, I'll switch with you," he raised a finger to keep Tubbo from speaking, "'cause I'm a better friend that Ranboo  here." Ranboo only rolled his eyes with a smile.

"Okay," Tubbo said with a shrug. "Hey if you getting all clingy is what it takes, I don't mind."

And so they switched. Tubbo was now wearing the yellow sweater, while Tommy had the cape loosely on his shoulders.

"Can we get a move on, now?" Techno asked.

"Yeah, we're gonna miss the speech," Phil said.

"Oh c'mon Phil, no one listens to speeches," Wilbur said as he followed Tubbo who began to walk.

"I do," Ranboo said, following the other's lead.

"That's 'cause you're a nerd," Techno said.

When they arrived at the festival, the place was—understandably—packed with people. It seems as if they did in fact missed the speech as the people were starting to move around, leaving the front of the podium.

"Alright, where to first?" Tubbo asked.

"Well, where do you want to go, Tommy?" Ranboo asked. "This is your first Town Festival."

"I don't know," Tommy said. "Get food or something? I'm hungry."

"The food booths are usually in the middle," Wilbur said.

So to the middle they went. Tommy got himself corn dogs while Ranboo and Tubbo got pretzels. Tommy frowned at the two who were gushing about how tasty the pretzel was.

"Is it really that good?" Tommy asked.

"It's about average, really," Ranboo said.

"We're just doing this to annoy you," Tubbo said.