Chapter 33

The next morning, Eret, Niki, and Fundy rushed down to the forest. They reached the house and knocked on the door for it to be opened by a drowsy Ranboo.

"Hey guys," Ranboo yawned. "Find anything?"

"Well yes, and maybe?" Fundy said.

"Well, are you gonna elaborate?" Ranboo asked.

"We'll elaborate once the Wilbur, Techno, and Phil is here," Eret said.

"I'll go find them then," Ranboo said, walking away from the door while the three entered the house.

"Good morning," Tubbo greeted.

Niki sat down next to the brunet and proceeded to chat with him while they waited for the ghosts to come down.

"Ranboo says you found a way?" Phil asked as he descended the stairs, Ranboo, Wilbur and Techno behind him.

"Well, that depends if you would agree to it," Eret said.

"If it gets us closer to getting back Tommy, I don't see why we won't," Wilbur said.

"Alright, well," Eret gestured for Fundy to continue. 

The younger male rummaged through his bag and pulled out a book. "Says here," he flipped it open to a certain page. "Once a ghost has deemed their unfinished business, finished, they shall be transported back to the Ghost Realm so that the council can perform  the passing ritual for them to move on."

"So..." Techno started. "What you're saying is, we settle our unfinished business so that we'll be forced to be transported to the Ghost Realm?" he repeated, eyeing Wilbur as he said the words—remembering their talk last night.

"I don't really have a problem with it," Phil said. "What about you two?" He turned to his sons.

Techno looked at Wilbur, waiting for the younger's answer. The brunet looked a bit hesitant, but spoke with determination. "I'll do it."

"Looks like that's settled," Technoblade said.

"The only issue with that is...we don't really have much to base on," Phil said.

"Well, what do you know?" Niki asked. 

"Well, mine's the dance, which I think would classify as Regret?" Wilbur said, unsure, "Because, like, I promised, right?"

Techno hummed, "I have a feelin' that mine's Revenge," he said.

"Wait, what?" Wilbur asked. Meanwhile Phil perked up at this, remembering his talk with Fundy at the fishing pond. 

Technoblade nodded, "I've been meanin' to discuss this but was kept getting side tracked because of the festival," he said. "Durin' that energy transfer ritual, I found Tommy starin' at a cave."

"You mean the same cave that I said he saw last night?" Wilbur asked.

"Yeah, I was intrigued—I guess—and so I approached it...then glimpses of memories came, Techno said. "There were three, maybe four men who were after me and Phil."

Everyone who was listening furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, "Why would they be after you two?" Tubbo asked.

"I don't really know," Techno said. "After that, Tommy and I went to the lake, and more memories," he sighed. "Wilbur... I saw a glimpse of Wilbur followed by bloody water."

"What the fuck?" Fundy exclaimed.

"I told you," Phil said, the statement directed to the fox-like boy. "This must be a murder case."

"Phil, what are you talking about?" Techno asked.

"When Fundy and I were at the fishing pond, we discussed some things," Phil said. "He mentioned Wilbur going back to the forest to ask strangers if they were lost or something, and that was the last we heard of Wilbur."