Chapter 4

The next day was uneventful to say the least. The three ghosts expected the two teens to rush into the house with a whole crate full of bear traps, but what really happened was they came to clear out a few more stuff. So they came to a conclusion that the whole 'set up traps' thing wasn't gonna happen. 

Oh how wrong they were.

Phil 'woke up' that Saturday morning to the bickering of Techno and Wilbur. Groaning, he floated up from his bed and phased through the door. "What in the world are you t—" Phil stopped to stare at the monstrosity of a house that they lived in. 

"Tommy and Tubbo came here early in the morning and set that whole thing up," Wilbur said with a proud smirk. 

"And he just watched them do it." Techno clearly didn't like the situation.

The situation? Well, the house was now covered in ropes that are supposed to trigger trap doors, falling buckets of water, and even nets. 

"Umm, not what I expected but at least this is somewhat...tamer? I guess?" Phil said, unsure.

"They also rigged the front and back yard with bear traps," the two said in sync.

"Ahh," Phil nodded, "there it is." He looked around the house before asking, "Where are they now?" 

"They went to get lunch," Wilbur said. "Most likely won't be back for an hour."

"Exactly why this is the perfect moment to get rid of them." Techno crossed his arms across his chest.

"Why get rid of them?" Wilbur raised an eyebrow. 

Techno's eye twitched in annoyance. "You were the one who wanted to scare them away in the first place!"

"Yeah," Wilbur said. 

"Exactly!"

"But that was before I took a liking to them!" 

"You're being stubborn again!"

"I wasn't the one who suggested fucking child labor!"

"Phil, help me out here." Techno turned to the older man.

"To be honest with you Techno, I actually quite like the company," Phil stated. "It's a lot livelier when those two are around." 

"See," Wilbur smirked. Techno could only stare at the two in disbelief. 

"Hey Phil, what do you say we introduce ourselves with the little gremlins?" Wilbur asked.

Phil hummed, "I don't see why not." He and Wilbur both looked at pink haired boy.

Sighing, Techno agreed. Fucking peer pressure. "Fine, but we're doing it my way."

****

After a lunch consisting of an unhealthy amount of fast food, Tommy and Tubbo decided that it was about time that they went back to the house to check if the traps managed to catch intruders. 

"Imagine if someone actually got caught in a bear trap," Tommy said absentmindedly as they walked back.

"Where did you get so much bear traps anyway?" Tubbo asked. "Ropes? Sure you can have a bunch of rope lying around in your house for no reason, but, bear traps? Really? You sure you didn't steal any of those?"

Tommy rolled his eyes. "What the fuck dude? I cannot believe that you'd think that about me." Tubbo gave him a blank stare, making Tommy shift his arms to fold across his chest. "Alright, I steal a couple of pens and shit every now and then, but it's not my fault! In fact they should be the ones who's sorry. Leaving their things lying on their desks unattended," he shook his head, "how careless."

Tubbo chuckled. "But in all honesty though, you didn't steal those bear traps, did you?"

"'Of course not. My dad had all these from that one camping trip that he and his co-workers went to." Tommy's head perked up as he spotted the wooden roof of the house coming up. "Watch your step," he said, looking down to the ground avoiding wires and traps.

"Is it me, or does the house look," Tubbo stopped to think of a word to describe it. "I dunno, brighter?" He stopped just in front of the steps of the porch.

"Is it?" Tommy tilted his head, squinting a little. "I don't really see it." He reached forward and turned the doorknob, pushing the door open. "Guess we didn't catch anyone."

The place looked untouched, just how they left it, but for some reason, Tommy felt that something was out of place. He just couldn't tell what. And with Tubbo not mentioning anything, he figured it was just another one of his so-called paranoid moments. 

"Do you reckon we set up traps upstairs?" Tubbo asked, climbing the stairs. 

"Sure," Tommy said, following, "I'm almost out of stuff though."

They stopped inside the room which is closest to the stairs, Phil's room. "I'm gonna rig the windows." Tommy placed his rucksack on the desk before the window, grabbing a thin string. He began tying it to the window's handle but stopped. "Hey Tubbo." He turned to face the brunet who looked like he was grabbing something from under the bed. 

"Yeah?" Tubbo peaked out.

"Have these lanterns always been here?" 

Tubbo shuffled from under the bed and stood up, observing the room. "Have they? Surely not. We would have noticed, wouldn't we?"

"Are these lit?" Tommy attempted to open the lantern on the desk, but before he could, the fire on the candle's wick disappeared. The same thing happened to the rest of the lanterns inside the room, making the surroundings much darker than they had realized. "The fuck?" Tommy yelled in alarm.

"Tommy," Tubbo said with slightly shaky voice. "Let's get out of here." He pulled on the blond's arm and led him out of the room. 

The hallway was no better. There, they can hear music coming from Wilbur's room, a s well as a faint clicking sound from Technoblade's room. "Come on." Tommy ran towards the stairs, only to trip forward as the hall carpet was pulled from under him. 

Tommy could feel the adrenaline coursing through his veins as he tried his best to roll down the stairs, taking as little damage as possible. Tubbo was lucky enough to not be standing on the carpet, but he ran down as the bedroom doors went crazy.

"Alright," Tubbo said, huffing, "Okay." He helped Tommy stand. "What the hell is going on?" He was yelling at this point because of all the sounds—doors and windows slamming, scratching of wooden furniture, even the clicking if light switches that don't work. The flickering of the flames in the lantern—which were non-existent when they came by earlier—was not helping at all.

The two of them stood in the middle of the living room, back to back, each holding something to in front of them. Light chuckling could be heard as random items swirled up into the air, surrounding the two.

"What the fuck! Leave us alone!" Tommy yelled.

"I don't like this," Tubbo said with a shaky voice, repeating the phrase over and over again as his hand clutched the back of Tommy's shirt.

The tornado of items swirled faster around them, the wind picking up making their hair go wild. Then it suddenly stops, dropping everything to the ground with a loud crash, making the two scream.

Tommy was the first to snap out of the shock when he heard laughing. Not the menacing type that you'd expect considering the string of events. It was the one where you would assume the person would die because of laughing too hard.

Tubbo's eyes widen as the cause of laughing was revealed. He should have listened to Tommy more.

"'Sup nerds."

+++++
Sorry for the super late update. School stuff is annoying, and the fact that the streams for the dream smp for this whole week was plot heavy wasn't helping. I didn't want to be left behind, so I had to sacrifice my writing time.

Thank you for reading! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-LuminaStarCrest