Chapter 37

When Techno and Ranboo got back to the house, they found Phil discussing things with Wilbur and Niki. "Where's Tubbo?" Ranboo asked.

Phil looked over, "Oh, you two are back. I see it didn't work either," he frowned. 

"What do you mean, didn't work?" Ranboo asked.

"Immediately after you have settled things, you should be brought to the Ghost Realm," Niki started.

"And seeing as we're still here," Wilbur pointed to himself then to Techno, "It didn't really work."

Phil nodded, "We asked Tubbo to go and get Eret."

Ranboo sighed as he took a seat besides Niki, "What about you Phil?"

"Well, the thing about all this is, unless Techno and Wilbur manage to settle their unfinished business, I can't really do anything." Phil said.

Everyone else in the room furrowed their eyebrows, "What?" They asked.

"I'm an Unwilling," Phil stated. "I'm not getting to the other side'til Techno and Wilbur had gone first."

"And you've known this?" Techno asked.

"Yeah," Phil said. "I never bothered to mention it because knowing you two, you'd rush yourselves, but seeing as this is our situation..." he trailed off.

"Phil you can't just—"

"What the—"

And with that Phil started to get scolded by his sons.

***

Tubbo walked around town, nearing the private school. Now all he had to do was remember which alleyway leads to Eret's tent. While searching, Tubbo felt his phone start vibrating, his ringtone reaching his ears. He pulled out his phone from his pocket. 

It was the same number as this morning. Tubbo thought. He picked up. "Hello?"

"Hello? Is this Tubbo?" The person asked.

"Uhh, yeah, who is this?" Tubbo asked back.

"The name's Quackity," the person said. "I'm a friend of Tommy's."

Tubbo frowned. Is this one of Tommy's friends before he moved here?  He thought. Why would he have my number?

"Yeesh dude, I can hear your thoughts from that air of silence your giving me," Quackity laughed. "I'm Tommy's friend, and his only form of contact from the Ghost Realm at the moment."

"Wait, you know about the Ghost Realm?" Tubbo asked, walking faster to Eret's tent.

"Yeah," Quackity said. "I'm here with valuable information."

Tubbo furrowed his eyebrows, "What is it?" He took a turn at the alleyway and spotted Fundy at his usual post beside the tent's entrance.

"There's a way to get your ghost friends to the other side, you'll probably need a map though," Quackity said. 

Tubbo perked up. He walked to Fundy and wordlessly asked to be let in. Fundy had to switch the sign to 'close' before following Tubbo inside. Eret still had a customer so Fundy led Tubbo to the backroom, which was a bit cluttered, but was spacious. 

"Do you have a map?" Tubbo asked.

"No, I just said that you'll need the map," Quackity said.

"No, I didn't mean you," Tubbo said.

"Oh, you're with someone," Quackity said in realization.

"Well there's digital maps, so I guess," Fundy pulled out his phone.  After the confirmation, Quackity began to direct them to a specific spot on the map. "And they'll be able to get to the Ghost Realm?" Fundy asked.