Eighteen

I told Charlie to stay in the loft for the day. I had work and my sisters were working here too and they didn't know that Charlie was back so I couldn't have him walking down the stairs and having them see him.

My mind was everywhere. I couldn't focus properly so I found myself taking longer breaks and hiding away in my office.

I was so fucking angry with Charlie. I tried to convince myself that I hated him but even though I was so angry, I still wanted him and every time I looked at him, I wanted to jump him and kiss him like I had never kissed him before.

I know I said that I wished he would come back with an explanation that I could forgive, but this...

He should've talked to me and told me his insecurities. I could've assured him that he was the only one I wanted and that he was good enough and then maybe he wouldn't have left.

"Ember!" Valencia called. "Bill's here!"

I sighed and pushed myself off of the wall before I pulled open the door and walked out. I made my way out to the shop where Bill was standing, talking to Val.

"We can talk in my office." I told Bill as I scratched my cheekbone. "I need to tell you something anyway."

Bill cocked an eyebrow at me but followed me into my office where I closed the door behind us.

"I just came by to ask how it went." He said. "When I got back up there last night, Charlie told me you had gone to bed."

I nodded slowly as I walked around my desk and pulled out one of the drawers where I had put the photograph of Charlie and I from the forest behind my parents house.

"I'm glad you made him come back." I said and looked up at Bill. "It gave me closure. I can move on from him now."

"Closure?"

"Yeah." I breathed and threw the photo on the desk before pulling out my wand and pointing it at it. "Deletrius."

I watched as the frame disappeared, and I then looked at Bill.

"Did you know that he blames himself for me almost dying?" I asked. "So his brilliant plan was to then leave me, because that totally makes sense, right?"

I didn't care that I sounded crazy in front of Bill. I had known him for so many years and we were good friends. He was two years older than me so we went to school together for five years until he graduated.

"I'm gonna tell you something, Bill, but you can't tell anyone else, okay?" I asked and he nodded slowly at me. "When Charlie left, I was ten weeks pregnant."

I watched a Bill's expression completely changed. He hadn't expected that.

"I'm happy that the baby wasn't able to feel pain yet because if she could've felt pain, I would never have gotten that abortion." I told him. "I had the abortion the same week that Charlie left. I really wanted that baby but he left and suddenly I was terrified of bringing up a baby without him, without a partner."

Bill sighed and ran his hand over his mouth as he thought about the things I just told him.

"Oh— and I went on about Fleur and I, our unborn baby. I'm sorry. If I had known you—"

"No." I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. I'm really happy for you and Fleur. What happened with me back in December shouldn't mean you can't be happy about your own parenthood."

I walked around my desk again, and leaned on it, folding my arms over my chest.

"You didn't tell my sisters that he's here, did you?"