Forty

Fun thing is that I let you decide if Ember should be pregnant or not. Some of you saw the voting I did on Instagram and most people said yes to Ember being pregnant.

Also, if you don't know my username and you'd like to follow me where I update on my stories and my Etsy shop, go head and follow me @weasleyxhoe

-

There wasn't a doubt.

I hadn't taken a test but I just knew it. I knew I was pregnant. I knew I was carrying a child. I could feel it. The symptoms...

It was just the symptoms. It was a gut feeling. A feeling I didn't have the first time because I hadn't been pregnant before, but now I knew what it felt like and now that I was aware of the symptoms, I realised I was pregnant.

No matter what, I still needed a test to confirm it.

Charlie was gonna come home today. It had been two weeks — fourteen days. I couldn't wait to hug him and kiss him. Though we had been fighting before he left, I missed his face and I missed his voice.

I sighed into my pillow, hugging it tighter. I went from not wanting to sleep, to only wanting to sleep. That's what made the days go by faster.

"Ember?!"

Immediately I lifted my head and looked towards the door. That was his voice. I heard some sounds from the living room. Him getting off some clothes, putting down a bag.

I slowly got out of bed, having to gather myself as I felt quite dizzy. When I felt alright again and the dizziness was gone, I made my way out of the room and ran my hand along the wall until I turned the corner. I rested my hand against the wall, looking at him.

He had taken off his coat and was throwing it over the back of the sofa before pushing up his sleeves to his elbows.

He ran a hand through his hair. It had grown longer since the last time I saw him. Then he raised his head and his eyes met mine. His expression turned soft and he let out a heavy and shaky breath.

"Hi." He smile weakly. I could tell he was a bit nervous, probably wondering if I was ready to have him back or if I was gonna throw him out again.

Instead of answering him, I simply lunged towards him and threw my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as I squeezed my eyes shut. I could tell he was taken back, but then he slowly wrapped his arms around my back and hugged me back while hiding his face in the crook of my neck.

I moved my arms down to wrap around his back instead while he moved a hand to the back of my head as I hid my face against his shoulder, taking in his scent.

I ran my hands up his back to rest on the back of his shoulders, nuzzling my nose into his shoulder.

"I've missed you." I whispered. My boobs were sore so they were hurting from being pressed against Charlie's body, but I didn't care. I was happy to have him back. I loved how warm his body was and I loved the way he was holding me.

"Yeah?" He whispered. "I thought you hated me."

"I could never hate you. No matter what you do — I can't."

I pulled my head back slightly to look at him. My eyes scanned his face, flicking back to his lips constantly. I brushed my lips over his, and he hummed in appreciation as he put pressure against me, making the kiss a proper one.

He tangled his fingers in my hair as our lips moved together in a slow and passionate rhythm.

I had missed this. The warmth from him. The feeling of his lips against mine. The way he tastes.