Thirty-three

I got home later that night, after a wonderful day with the Weasleys. I drank tea with Molly and Bill and Fleur actually joined us too. They had been outside, talking to Harry who was staying there until he and Ginny found their own place.

Around six, I ate dinner with Molly, Arthur, Bill, Fleur, Harry and Ginny. Ron wasn't there, neither was Hermione. They recently bought a house not far from here London after Hermione graduated this month. They could afford it due to Ron's job as an Auror.

When I stepped out of the fireplace in my own loft, Charlie was sitting on the sofa. It was around eight at night so he would've been home for two hours.

He looked like he was crying silently, and when I noticed the book in his hands, I noticed why. Charlie looked up at me when he saw the green flames from the fireplace, and immediately he stood up, hiding the book behind his back as he wiped his cheeks with the other.

"Why do you have that?" I asked. "Charlie, give that back... right now."

"It's almost full." He said, trying to stop his crying. "You've filled almost every page in it."

"Charlie!"

I lunged forward to grab the book, but he moved it further away from me while stepping back.

"Eleven weeks?" He asked. "That's how far along you were? That's how long you had to tell me you were pregnant."

My face dropped for a moment before I frowned at him, stopping in my tracks.

"Are you serious?" I asked. "You are not about to blame me."

"Eleven weeks, Ember!"

"Oh my god!" I laughed, bringing my hands up to my hair. I ripped the bandana out of it, holding it my hand while I walked to the room, shaking my head at him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked and followed me. "You could have told me, Em."

"How?!" I screamed, turning towards him in one quick turn. "Tell me how?! I was taking care of you, Charles. Every day, I went to work, I earned the money while you were on temporary leave so you could grief your brother! How could I possibly tell you that I was gonna bring a new human into this world — the same world that took away Fred? The same person that took away Tonks!"

I immediately stopped talking. That was the first time since the war that I had mentioned Tonks. She was my best female friend in school and after. Losing her was as hard as losing Fred.

The only difference being that I haven't talked about her since and if anyone mentions her, I just shut up. I haven't seen her son either. He lives with Tonks' mother. The last time I saw him, was before the war when he was about a month old. Now he's almost fifteen months old — probably walking by now.

"I don't want to fight with you again." I said. "Give me my book. You had no right taking it or reading it. You obviously went through my stuff."

Surprisingly, he did what I told him to and handed me back my books. I looked at it for a moment, running a hand over it before I looked at Charlie again.

"I was looking for some parchment." He said. "I ran out and I knew you had some. I didn't mean to find it but then I got curious—"

"Oh, you got curious?" I asked. "So you thought it was a good idea— no... you though it was okay to read my diary?"

"It's not exactly a diary." He huffed. "You're writing— it's almost like letters to me that you don't plan to send."

"That was the fucking purpose!" I yelled. "Because I was so fucking broken and needed something to relieve the pain!"