Fifty-nine

Charlie

I lost Ember.

We went home to my parents to drop of our stuff and also our new cats so I could get Ember to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital and I went to talk to someone in the reception and get some help for Ember but when I turned around, she was gone.

"What room is Brazier Coil in?" I asked the lady in the reception.

Knowing Ember, she would've gone to see her brother before even thinking about herself first.

"What relation do you have to Mr Coil?" The receptionist looked at me.

I sighed, tapping my fingers against the counter.

"He's my brother-in-law."

After she pointed me in the direction, I hurried down the hallway to the elevator and took it up to the fourth floor.

When I found the right room, I stopped in the doorway, my arm resting on the doorway.

Ember was sitting by the bed where her brother laid. Romany sat on the other side and the two were talking.

Romany seemed excited yet nervous about Ember being home.

When he noticed me, he sat up straight and Ember looked back at me.

"I'm sorry if I worried you." She said softly. "I had to see Brazier."

I walked closer to where they said, looking at Brazier before I looked at Ember, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I know." I breathed. "But we have to have you checked in, Emmy."

She pressed her lips together and looked at her younger brother who was stuck in a coma just like Ember was last year.

"Checked in?" Romany asked, looking at Ember. "You're sick?"

"No, I—" Ember shrugged. "...the healer in Romania thinks I've got epilepsy. I have to get hospitalised here and then when I get checked out again, we're staying at the Burrow."

"Epilepsy? From where? From when you hit your head during the battle?"

Ember nodded.

"Possibly."

Romany hummed before he leaned over to hug Ember.

"Happy birthday."

When I managed to get Ember with me, we got her checked in in the reception. We were told that healer Albu had already owler healer Reynards who looked after Ember when she was in a coma.

Ember got a private room, while Brazier laid in one of the open rooms with many patients.

Ember was given hospital robes that she changed into in the bathroom, before she got into the bed, sighing.

"Imagine if I had a seizure right now." She joked with a small smile, turning her head to look at me.

"Well—" I rested an elbow on the bed, my chin sitting in my palm. "...wouldn't be very good on you or the boys."

Ember got herself more comfortable, resting her hands on her bump as she looked at me.

We had only been back in England for a little while, but she already seemed so much happier.

She always seemed happier in England than when we'd be in Romania together.

"What kind of tests do you think they'll do?" She asked, searching for my hand, and as she found it, she laced our fingers together.