One

Hi! Thank you for deciding to read my Charlie Weasley fic. Before you do read, I have some disclaimers.

1. I do not own any recognisable characters nor the Harry Potter universe.
2. This story contains foul language, graphic scenes and smut but don't expect the steamy scenes to start right away.
3. Our protagonist Ember Coil is portrayed by Riley Rasmussen but you are welcome to imagine her however you want. That goes with Charlie as well.

-

15 years prior
//Narrator//

1984.

After eleven years of waiting, the short girl with the long red hair and freckles across her nose, finally became a student of Hogwarts.

Growing up the third child out of eight, Ember Sienna Coil had looked forward to the day she got the opportunity to get away from the noise and the chaos that happened in her family home on Lower Shapter Street home in Exeter.

Sure, she now went to school with her older brother Crispus and her sister Avalon but at least she didn't have her five younger siblings running to her to solve whatever issue they had come across.

No, Ember was now officially a witch with her own wand made out of Vine wood, containing Phoenix feathers as core.

Ember loved her family. She loved them more than anything but a family of ten can't be expected to be quiet.

Her youngest brothers Romany and Brazier were the loudest. They were only three years old but they were the ones that Ember found the most annoying.

She was closest with Avalon, her fourteen-year-old sister or Calypso, her eight-year-old little sister.

The first week at Hogwarts was a dream according to Ember. She got to experience all the classes she'd have through her first year, she met the teachers and also her fellow classmates. Ember was a Ravenclaw just like her father and as far as now, she was the only one of her parents children who was in Ravenclaw. Both Crispus and Avalon made Gryffindor like their mother, but their father Clarence Coil was sure that in three years when the next Coil daughter started Hogwarts, she too would make Ravenclaw.

Ember Coil met Charlie Weasley on the Thursday after they started their first year of Hogwarts. Both were walking down an empty corridor – in fact they were the only ones in that corridor. Charlie had way too many books in his arms that he couldn't possibly carry so when they all suddenly dropped to the floor and he had to pick them up, Ember ran over to help with a bright smile on her face.

She had heard of the Weasleys before, hell, the Weasleys were well known around Britain so most people knew who they were but Ember had never seen their faces and multiple people had red hair around the school, meaning she didn't suspect him to be the second child of Arthur and Molly Weasley.

"You should get yourself a bag." Ember had told the boy whose cheeks and ears had gone red from the embarrassment of dropping his stuff in front of someone else.

Charlie may only have been eleven, three months away from turning twelve and he may not have understood why but he had a feeling that he was meant to meet this girl. There was a specific glow over her when she smiled.

"They are kinda expensive." the boy muttered. Ember looked at him and noticed a certain look on his face, like he was embarrassed that his family couldn't afford a new bag for his books, but she was determined to make him feel better. She didn't like seeing other people be sad.

"Well that's okay!" she said enthusiastically. "I have a spare one you can have."

Charlie lifted his head to look at her while the two children got off the floor, both carrying the boys books.

"Oh, you don't have to–"

"It's really not a big deal." Ember offered him a smile before snuggling as she extended her hand while trying to still hold the books in her arms. "I'm Ember Coil."

The boy repaid her warm smile and wrapped his hand around hers to shake it. They were both looking at each other, realising that this could be the start of a very beautiful friendship.

"Charlie Weasley."

-
Merry Christmas everyone!!

How'd you like the first chapter? I know it's quite short but it was only to show how Ember and Charlie met each other when they were kids.

- Julie