Three

Four months later

"It's getting quite good." Dad told me after he had read through the biography I was in the middle of writing. "You're really good at capturing your childhood."

I chuckled and grabbed the pile of papers when he handed them back to me.

"Maybe that's not because of my writing skill but simply because you raised me."

"Or maybe—" he pointed a finger at me and raised his eyebrows. "... a mix of both. You're a talented writer, Ember. Embrace that."

I shrugged in response, taking a look at the first page in my hands. It was my biography. I had gotten past my childhood and was starting to write about my adult life after Hogwarts.

"But you haven't mentioned Charlie once in it." Dad said. I looked at him before turning away to put the pile of pages back into my bag that I brought with me to my parents house earlier today.

"Charlie left me." I told him. "Why should I mention him in my biography."

"Because you've known him for almost sixteen years." Dad hurried to say. "And you've dated him since you were seventeen."

Charlie was a big part of my life but the way he left me. I still don't know why. He wrote me a note and that was it. The last time I saw him was the morning before I walked down to work in the boutique. He kissed me goodbye like usual before he went back to sleep the pain away.

"Maybe I'll add him." I shrugged. "I'm still not finished with it though so it'll go through a lot of changes."

"I hope you're not talking about bodies again." Brazier's voice filled the room as he entered the kitchen, heading straight for the fridge. "Romany is still traumatized for when you tried to explain to us that our bodies would go through change in puberty."

A smile crept onto my face as I thought back to when the twins were thirteen and I decided to have the 'talk' with both of them. Brazier looked really disgusted while Romany covered his ears and started signing a Christmas song to shut my voice out.

"I am still very grateful for that." My dad commented as he pulled himself up to stand. "You spared me from having that conversation with them."

I chuckled and dad patted my shoulder on his way out of the kitchen. I turned towards my younger brother who roamed through the fridge. He was probably looking for any pizza leftovers that we had yesterday.

Most days I come by to eat dinner with my parents and those of my siblings who still live at home. Other times I eat with Avalon, her husband and their daughter.

Currently I live with them. After Charlie left, I haven't been able to live in our loft. Everything reminds me of him and having to live on your own after a eight-year relationship isn't exactly easy.

Avalon's husband Mahlon is nice. He doesn't mind me staying in their guest room at all. And I can talk to him about anything so them getting married only scored me a new friend, plus they gave me my first niece. Her name is Amber and she's an absolute angel. She loves that I'm staying with them and always want me to walk her to school. She's five years old but she'll be turning six in December.

"Where's the bloody pizza?" Brazier asked and turned around to look at me. "I swear there was like two slices left after dinner."

I nodded and placed a hand on my hip while he slowly closed the fridge.

"I think Calypso and Valencia got a hold of them this morning." I told him. Brazier's face immediately curled up into anger and I couldn't help but laugh. He looked like he did when he was a toddler and didn't have things his way. He'd get very cruel when angry, mostly verbal abuse and such. He had to get angry management classes when he was younger.

He and Romany are kinda similar but Romany doesn't get that angry when he's upset. Though they're both very clever, cunning and determined on whatever they decide on. They're the first in our family who didn't get sorted into either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. They got sorted into Slytherin.

Somehow they were both terrified that mum and dad would hate them and that the rest of us would bully them but that's not at all how it went. Our parents had to assure them that being in Slytherin wasn't a bad thing even if many people thought it was. We loved the twins just as much as if they had been in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

So we're eight siblings in total. Two of us are in Ravenclaw. That's me and Valencia. Crispus, Avalon, Calypso and Amethyst are in Gryffindor and the twins are as I just said... in Slytherin.

"They don't even live here!" Brazier exclaimed. "I should have dips on the leftovers because this is actually my home! They just stay here like two fucking strays from the streets!"

I watched my younger brother as he stormed out of the kitchen, screaming for Calypso and Valencia to get out and find their own food.

"Leona, darling!" dad's voice was heard throughout the entire house. "Are my trousers still in the wash?!"

Mum shouted back but I decided to shut it out and turn my attention on Avalon instead as she entered the kitchen and smiled at me in the same comforting way that she had done since Charlie left me.

"We were thinking about heading home." she told me. "We just went around and said goodbye to everyone. Are you coming or staying?"

I shrugged and took a seat by the table.

"I might be staying." I told her. "But only for a couple more hours, then I'll be home."

"Alright." she nodded. "I'll see you."

She patted my shoulder and smiled again, then she turned around and made her way out of the kitchen. I sighed, leaning back in my chairs while I closed my eyes.

They all did this. My boyfriend left me so now I'm this pathetic woman who's too heartbroken to live in her own home, therefore she lives with her older sister's family. I'm pretty sure that's how they view me. I'm fragile. They basically walk on eggshells around me because they're too scared I'll break due to the trauma I'm already suffering due to my breakup. I hate that they all look at me like that. I'm still the same Ember. I'm just alone now. I hadn't been alone for fifteen years. He became my best friend at Hogwarts, he became family and then we dated for seven and a half years.

It was hard for me to sleep at night. I'd dream about him, which was something I hated. Therefore I mostly tried to stay awake so I wouldn't see him in my dreams. Charlie was my soulmate and I wanted to avoid thinking about him as much as possible because it hurt and I had always had a hard time dealing with pain.