Sixty

Ember

"Em?"

I didn't respond. I kept staring out of the window, refusing to look at any of my siblings.

Avalon was here along with Crispus and Amethyst.

"Em you have to eat." Amethyst said but I simply shrugged, staring at the rain that was falling harshly.

"Ember... he'll come back."

I looked at Avalon.

"Yeah?" I asked. "He'll come back? Dad came back and he didn't. Either he's dead or he left me again."

It's been almost three weeks since Charlie left to end all of this. He met up with my dad and my dad came back, saying that Edison was gone, but that he had no idea where Charlie was.

Charlie disappeared and no one has seen him.

Though, I did found out that I do in fact have epilepsy. I'm allowed to leave the hospital in a couple of days. They need to monitor me a bit more as well as the babies.

My parents has asked me to come home, but I'm upset with my dad for not looking after Charlie. He brought him out to end it all and now my fiancé's gone.

"He'll come back." Crispus said and ran a hand over my hair. "Everyone is looking for him."

I looked up at my older brother.

"They're not looking for him enough."

The next couple of days went by with basically just monitoring and them teaching me about the medicine I have to take.

They put me on some medicine that is safe enough for the twins and then when I had to leave, Molly came and got me.

I could tell she was shook up and scared for her son, but she kept trying to convince me and herself that he was okay, just lost somewhere without his wand or the ability to apparate.

He knows how to apparate without his wand.

Why hasn't he come home?

"Now you just need to relax, dear." Molly said as she motioned for me to sit down on the sofa. "Don't think too much... it's not good for the twins."

I smiled at her as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Wait, Molly?" I called, turning on the sofa so I could look at her.

She stopped and looked back at me with a comforting smile, waiting for what I wanted to say.

"I'm really sorry, I—"

"No, no, no." Molly shook her head, waving me off. "Don't you dare apologise to me, Ember. They'll find Charlie and he'll come home."

I pressed my lips together and nodded while Molly continued into the kitchen.

I don't believe he will, but we can only hope.

I rested my elbow on the back of the sofa, rubbing my eyes with my index and my thumb. When I heard footsteps on the stairs, I turned once again and looked at George who walked downstairs.

"Aren't you supposed to be in your shop?" I asked with a small smile as he approached to sit in the armchair.

"That's the first thing you say to me after not seeing each other for months?"

"Well—" I shrugged.

"I've closed the shop down for a bit." He said. "I'm staying here for a while. I needed a break."