Forty-four

Seven weeks.

Today marks seven weeks of my pregnancy. It's been what— five or six days since I got the positive pregnancy test and all week I've been working late, keeping the shop open for longer so I can pull in some more money.

After all, I'm going from not being a parents, to being a parent of two. Twins. Two babies... at the same time.

My morning sickness hasn't kicked in yet and I'm kinda hoping this is going to be a pregnancy without morning sickness.

Brazier is slowly starting to make me lose my mind. He is constantly complaining about his tasks and the job I've given him but he needs to pay me back and he can do that with a months salary.

When the work day ended and it was time for me to close up, Brazier was in the office he was working in when he should be helping the rest of us clean up the shop. That's where I was head. The office I had assigned to him.

When I opened the door to the office, I froze in my tracks and my lips parted at what I saw. The office was really messy and my brother was dancing around to some music with his shirt off, swinging it over his head.

Please god, if you can hear me. Give me a sign. Should I assign my younger brother to the mental ward?

I pulled my wand from my pocket and pointed it at the stereo on the desk. The music turned off, causing Brazier to stop dancing, his eyes eventually landing on me. Then I noticed the large tattoo across his chest.

Luna

"Are you kidding me?" I let out a breathy laugh of pure exhaustion. "Brazier Sawyer Coil. How do I ask you this in the nice possible way... are you fucking insane?!"

He pressed his lips together, looking at me nervously as he held his shirt in his hands.

"Please tell me that's not permanent." I said, pointing at his chest. "Because that is going to be very awkward at Romany and Luna's wedding if they get married."

He still didn't say anything.

"You have your twin brother's girlfriend's name tattooed on your chest." I said. "And it's not even well done. It's all crooked and that handwriting is horrendous."

Brazier looked down at his chest before he scoffed and pulled on his shirt.

"That's my handwriting."

Oh.

"Seriously?" I asked with a frown before shaking my head. "Well, getting her name tattooed on your body was the dumbest choice you've ever made and you set the kitchen on fire when you were two."

He let out a small chuckle, one side of his lips tugged up as he looked at the wall.

"Yeah, that was fun."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, counting to ten in my head to not freak out on him. It was so easy to piss me off right now. Charlie and I went to another appointment a few days ago and Charlie told her how I sometimes get really irritated with things she say or do even when there's no reason to be. Apparently it's because of the pregnancy. The healer then told Charlie that it was okay for me to be irritated while pregnant because after all, I am carrying twins.

"What are you doing?" Brazier asked. "Did you just fall asleep while standing up? No... because you're breathing in a weird way."

"It's called taking deep breaths, dumb-ass." I said through gritted teeth, opening my eyes before I sent him a tight smile. "Brazier, clean up the office, stop dancing around like a monkey in a cage and get out in the shop. You haven't even cleaned up the stack of books that you decided to take off the shelves earlier to put on the floor for some odd reason.."