Chapter 20

I'VE FOUND NEYMAR ON THE STREET A FEW TIMES AND THOUGHT I SHOULD SHARE IT WITH YOU

Chapter 20: Call me maybe, Princesa.

Javi's POV

I spent the night talking with Laia before starting packing my things and getting ready to leave to Barcelona. I knew Alexis and Neymar were talking about the same things Laia and I were; the kiss, our relationship from now, Bruna, and all that complicated stuff. I didn't even notice when the sun was starting to show and we were leaving for the airport, I greeted Neymar and my brother before leaving the house but Laia stayed with me all the time. I said goodbye to Esai, who, with tears on his eyes, let us go, the same happened with my mom who was going to visit us in a few weeks in Barcelona.

I made a few calls to an agent who was supposed to bring my car to the airport and put new furniture on my house in Barcelona, he said that everything was ready for me to arrive back, home? I had so many memories back in Barcelona, good and not so good ones but still, pretty much everything that I have is thanks to this city; my career, my friends and the happiest moments in my life.

I could feel Neymar's gaze on me while I was (mostly pretending) to text someone so I'd skip the awkward talk moment, Alexis and Laia went back to their cuddly selves before getting inside the plane and Davi was playing with an iPad. It was time to board, I was the last one on the line and decided that i was going to sit alone and pretend to sleep the whole sixteen-hour-flight but someone had different plans.

"Javi!" Davi said when I passed by his side. "Sit here" He giggled extending his short arms. I felt Neymar's eyes on me and I didn't even notice when I was sitting in front of him.

"Do we have to talk?" Neymar asked me quietly.

"Yes we do, but not now" I said and before he protested I added. "We'll have plenty of time in Barcelona, don't worry" I said giving him a small smile which he returned.

"Okay... I don't want things to be awkward or something" He mumbled scratching the back of his neck.

"Don't worry, they won't" I said even if I wasn't sure.

"I just want you to know that you're one of the most important things on my life and I don't want to lose you again" He sincerely said and I was left speechless, I could feel my eyes slightly watering and the only thing I could do was taking his hand on mine.

"You won't lose me again, it doesn't matter what happens, you won't" I said squeezing his hand on mine, feeling him shiver.

"You know my feelings towards you haven't changed, even if I thought..." He started but the plane started moving.

"We can discuss that later" I said painfully squeezing my eyes.

"Here, squeeze as much as you want" He said winking at me and giving me his hand.

"That sounded lovely" I said making him laugh loudly and running his thumb on my palm.

"Relax, you won't even notice and we'll be in Barcelona"

"I think you are forgetting the fact that is a sixteen hour..." I started but he interrupted me.

"Javi..." He said giving me the typical 'are you serious?' look.

"Okay, sorry" I mumbled letting out a deep breath.

"You can sleep if you want, I'll be here when you wake up" He suggested while fixing Davi's hair with his other hand.