[R/D]chapter twenty two: road trip.

Sam POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hey...wake up, we gotta go."
A soft voice says, I open my eyes and see (y/n) next to me, I immediately jolt up, trying to calm myself down...why am I like this lately?

"W-whats wrong?"
I ask, (y/n) points at the carriage, theres leaves tied to the back of it, I guess that's the meat.

"We gotta go."
(Y/n) says, I nod and grab my backpack, the rest are waiting for us in the carriage, so once we get in, Jack gets the horses running.

"How long will it be to make it to Denver this way?"
Toby asks, (y/n) pulls out a map and smiles.

"We're almost in Kentucky, we were on the edge of New York and passed through it after we drove from the district."
(Y/n) says.

"So If it took us four hours to get from the edge to another state...,itll take us a week or two to make it to somewhere around Denver."
Oliver says.

"So, anyone been to Kentucky?"
Jack asks.

"I have, only once or twice though, it was for an exploration thing for the district?"
Oliver says, I remember that, it was a year ago, I was pretty upset, I think I even cried...I thought hed die out there.

"I don't think many of us even left new york."
Toby says.

"Well, I'm not from new york."
(Y/n) says.

"Really? Where are you from..?"
I ask

"new Arizona at birth, then Cher kinda took me to different states, by the time I was 13 I was stuck in new york."
(Y/n) says.

"Im not from here either, My mom told me I was born in Missouri, but she left really quickly when she heard about the district."
I say.

"Well, we'll probably pass through Missouri on our way, maybe we can look around when we're going through it?"
(Y/n) asks.

"I'd like that...thanks."
I say, how can someone who grew up in the infection zone be so nice? They're like an angel...

"How are you this nice? We were taught that most of the people who lived in the infection zones were evil, heartless people...but you saved me and Oliver, even though you couldve died by going through the district."
I say.

"I'm not really that nice, I just cant stomache death."
(Y/n) says.

"Liaarr"
Jack says from the front of the carriage.

"What? How am I a liar?"
(Y/n) asks.

"Remember how you met Noah? He wouldnt have died if you left him, you just wanted him around, plus you're always worried about other people. And remember me? You wanted me dead when we first met, but now you worry over me just like you do the others.""
Jack explains.

"Oh, I was gonna ask...why do you have an infected?"
I ask, trying to keep my distance as it stares at me...its so creepy..

"He saved my life."
(Y/n) says.

"Oh, that's...nice."
I say, why do I suddenly feel...annoyed? Its really unna to bond with a predator...

It's sort of silent now, so I start to think, I've always been one to doze off when its quiet.

Why does (y/n) keep us around? I know Oliver and his brother Kidnapped their friend, so they should hate us...but they rescued us, we would be dead if they didnt help us...I wouldve died when I fell, and Oliver wouldve died when he got caught on the carriage wheel.

And they didn't even stop at saving us, they tended to Oliver's gashes, and they're teaching me how to hunt...! They're so kind, they're like...an angel, yeah, they're an angel...

...I think I want them to be my angel.

"You alright?"
A voice snaps me out of my thoughts, Its Jack.

"Yeah...fine."
I say quietly, staring at (y/n), it's like a burst of emotions I dont know are flooding me every time I see them...I dont know if i like it or hate it.

"Hey...(y/n)?"
I mumble, (y/n) looks at me, and I feel like I'm floating in ecstasy, just them looking at me makes me feel so amazing.

"What's up?"
(Y/n) asks.

"Uh...i-i...um..."
I feel like my words are caught in my throat, my face feels hot and my hands feel shakey.

"Are you feeling alright? Do you feel sorta hot?"
(Y/n) asks, getting a little closer and feeling my forehead, I feel like I cant breathe.

"A-ah...."
I try to stop myself from freaking out, but i accidentally make a weird sound...oh god, i wanna crawl in a hole and die.

"Does my hand feel cold? Fuck, your really hot."
(Y/n) says...i know what they mean, but..my head is twisting it into something to embarrass me.

"I-i...feel hot too.."
I say quietly, I feel like I'm going to pass out...they're so close to my face..

"Maybe you're a little sick."
(Y/n) says, moving away and taking their hand off my forehead, I want to pull them back, but I feel frozen, it's such a good and bad feeling...

I feel eyes on me, I look over and see Toby...is he glaring? Did i...upset him? Oh no...I hope I didnt make anyone mad..

"Hey, where are we?"
Toby asks, staring out the front of the carriage.

"We crossed into Kentucky, now we're in a town, not sure which one though, sorta zoned out a minute ago and didn't see the sign."
Jack says.

"Hey, when we get to Colorado, I wanna talk to you."
Oliver says, touching (y/n)'s shoulder...why do I feel upset? It's not anything to be mad about, it's my childhood friend and a new friend...touching...being close...really close...

"Sure."
(Y/n) says.

"Hey guys, I think were almost in another tow--"
Suddenly, the carriage starts bumping, and a loud noise fills my ears, making then ring loudly.

...it all goes black.