[R/D]chapter seven: Noah.

(Y/n) POV, flashback to 3 months before they met Toby~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fiddle with my jacket, a thing I do when I'm nervous, me and Cherit have been on the road for months now, we've done so far, but she refuses to take shelter, the paranoia of being followed by los muertos is eating at me.

"Cher, cant we stop for a few days?"
I ask, wincing from the pain of being on my feet, they're very sore from nonstop use.

"(Y/n), Denver has a safeplace, we've come all the way from San Antonio, we can manage a few more months."
Cherit says, I try to talk back, but I fall, the pain of my sore feet making me collapse.

"(Y/n)!"
Cherit says in panic, turning around and picking me up.

"Please Cher, my feet feel like they're burning."
I say, Cherit sighs and walks with me in her arms, setting me down once were in a run down building.

"Damnit...at this point we wont make it before winter...we're running low on food as well, let's search this area, then we can camp out here for the night, let your feet rest."
Cherit says, walking off into another part of the building, I lie on my back in relief, it's been a while since I could relax.

While I lie down, I hear a growl, a low raspy one I've come to know well...los muertos, I jolt up to see one stumbling in, so I try to get up and run, but my feet are so worn out that I fall on my knees.

"CHERIT!!"
I call out, she runs in to see what's wrong, but the second she sees me, it's too late, los muertos pushes me to the ground and sinks its rotten teeth into my back, making me shreak in pain, Cherit cries out and shoots it, pulling it off me and grabbing me.

"I-i'm sorry..oh god, im so sorry...."
Cherit says, rocking herself back and forth with me in her arms, I look up at her through tears.

"Cher...am I gonna die?"
I ask in a shakey voice.

"No no...you'll be alright, we just need to make it to Denver..it'll all be okay...."
Cherit says, trying her best to fake a smile.

"Okay....I believe you.."
I say, she sighs shakily and keeps rocking, lulling us both to sleep, ignoring the pain of the word and drifting into a numb lie.

Flashback end, normal time~~~~~~~~~

I get off to grab my backpack off the door, only to see it isnt there, but theres an odd dark liquid leading from the door to the halls, maybe something in my backpack opened? But where is my backpack..? Shit, something could have dragged it off..

I walk out and see my backpack in the middle of the halls, none of los muertos in sight, but as I pick it up, a warped growl is heard, it sounds like a...

"Clawed..!"
I mumble, grabbing my backpack and running back to the hotel room, right before I make it to the balcony, cold hands pull me back, I yelp and try to struggle, but all I do is knock over a lamp, earning more growls, but these ones sound more like los muertos.

The cold hands pull me to the bathroom and throw me into the bathtub, only then do I see that the hands belong to a clawed, but I've never seen one drag someone away. The clawed jumps into the bathtub with me and hovers over me, two los muertos stumble in for a moment, but soon go back out, only then does the clawed get up and look at me.

"What the fuck..."
I mumble, it tilts its head at my words.

I look it over, I've seen clawed's up close, but none like the one I'm seeing before me now, the clawed's I've seen have white covering the color in their eyes, but this one only has one white eye, the other is a vibrant green, and the usually dark grey skin a clawed has isn't shown on this one, instead it's just a pale tone you'd see on kids that dont go outside often....even the shape of its body is more human than clawed, no distorted body features, just...clawed hands, sharp teeth, and one odd eye.