[R/D]chapter fifty four: anger amongst the group.

(Y/n) POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I limp towards Axel, who's now being stared at by Greyson, the two of them just sitting by a decent sized fire.

"We made fire."
Axel says, his eyes squinting like he's smiling.

"Great...its long day."
I mumble, sitting next to them, wincing through my teeth from the still healing leg, Greyson looks to me with a concerned expression.

"'Long day'? What happened when you were gone?"
Axel asks.

"Uh....i don't even know how to explain it."
I say...how could i tell them that my friend and our teammate could be responsible for death?

"Well...you're alright now, so lets just focus on the good side. This big guy found some canned food in a storage locker!"
Axel exclaims, Greyson holds up a can of peaches.

"That's great...!"
I praise.

Conny walks over to us and sits down, grinning with long sticks in his hand....I've never seen his smile to be scary until now.

"I am the stick king."
Conny says.

"...i will never understand you."
Axel mumbles.

"Nope, so, what's shakin' bacon?"
Conny asks, laying the sticks beside him.

"Food, that's what."
Axel says, tossing a can to Conny, he beams at it.

"holy shit....Marry me."
Conny mumbles.

"What??"
Axel chuckles.

"Not you, the food."
Conny says.

"Yep, that's our Conny."
I say...that's our Conny, harmless, nice Conny...

A strike of thunder rumbles the mall a bit, and rain finally pours down like a waterfall....Cher always told me that the weather wasn't always this bad, when she was a kid before the infection, storms weren't as deadly...i always forget how old she really is, the infection started thirty five years ago...i cant believe Cher is nearly in her fifties now.

"Fuck, guess we're stuck in here."
Axel mumbles.

"Huh....anyone wanna play 20 questions?"
Conny asks.

"I'll kick 'yer arse at that game."
River says, walking over to us with Oliver.

"Hey, found this stray animal over by the food court."
Oliver says, pointing to River with a grin.

"Oh fehk off, ya prick!"
River chuckles, Oliver just laughs...are they friends? That's good, Oliver would be less of a dick with River around him.

They laugh and joke, sitting next to us...this feels good, the sound of the rain, the warmth of the fire, the smiles on everyone's faces...its like nothing bad has happened, like my leg isn't broken, Like Sam never left...like Jack never died...Jack would've loved to see this, he'd try to get us to play games like truth or dare, or eye spy...that would be fun, but without him the games seem bleak..we played it the day he died.

I still miss him, him and Toby were the first two people i really cared for besides Cher, sure i was in groups whenever Cher found more people, but all of them died in a matter of weeks....i really got attached to them. When i heard that Jack died...i wanted to just get up and run, just...run away from everything. I always wonder if that's what Cher felt like when i got into trouble.

"Man, i think you have the same twisted humor as Alex, you two would laugh about some creepy Shit together."
Axel says, looking towards Oliver...Oliver doesn't have a twisted sense of humor, more or less its a normal sense of humor and a twisted way of thinking.

"Alex, huh..? Eh."
Oliver mumbles, pulling a disgusted face...why doesn't he like that? Is it cause of how he first saw Alex?

"Speaking of that guy, where did he go?"
Conny asks.

"He kinda stormed off...shit, he's been gone for a pretty long time, i should look for him."
Axel says, standing up.

"I can get him, i need to get some more strength on my leg anyways."
I say.

"What? Hell no, you have a broken leg, not a 'walk it off' leg..!"
Oliver protests.

"....want a stick to lean on?"
Conny asks.

"Yes please."
I say, Conny throws one of his giant sticks to me, it slides on the floor and i pick it up, using it to push myself up, then i tuck it beside my arm and lean on it instead of my casted leg.

"Don't help them, they Won't learn!"
Oliver says.

"...ya think they'll learn either way? No, they'll always be runnin' off straight in danger 'fer no damn reason."
River says.

"I'll be back in a minute."
I say, limping off with my new Cane.

"If you don't come back in five minutes, I'm gonna hunt you down..!"
Axel warns.

Alex...where would you have gone off to? And where the hell have Toby and Noah gone too? Maybe they're together somewhere..

Toby POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah and i have just been sitting here....i turned the corner and ran off, i honestly didn't think he'd find me here, its only been a few minutes of us in this little alley-like area, but its been silent the entire time.

"...So, what's your excuse for Conny gonna be? That's why you followed me, right?"
I ask.

"...im s-sorry."
Noah mumbles, he sounds almost completely like a human nowadays, i think that sludge he was coughing up was rotten blood covering his vocal cords, now that he isn't coughing anymore, i guess his throat is completely cleared out.

"its alright, i guess i shouldn't expect you to actually do this coldly, these are people we sleep beside."
I say....i don't like them, but i never though Noah would, to me they're just dangers, but i guess to Noah they're friends...or family.

"Fucking Axel, falling for a dumbass."
A voice growls, walking towards us.

I quickly duck beside the wall, Noah does the same, as the footsteps get louder, i plan ahead...i can take this fucker out if they see us.

"What...?"
I whisper, a noise of something hitting the other side of the wall is apparent.

"He's way too trusting with this damn group of shitheads, i can't even get him to leave, its like he's some kind of little puppy, sticking to that kid, (y/n)."
The person spits...it sounds like that other guy we got from near the hospital.

"...Alex."
I whisper, Noah leans closer to the wall.

"I'll keep my brother safe, i always do, even if it means i have to gut this entire fucking group...if that's what it takes to keep him from messing around and getting hurt again, I'm fine with more blood on my hands."
Axel mumbles, before footsteps leave the area.

"All for you, brother, if only you were more fucking grateful..."
His voice says in the distance.

I wait a few seconds after i cant hear him to stand up...im beyond godamn furious, he's talking about gutting an entire group??

"...he wants to fucking kill us!"
I hiss.

"Alex, h-he wants to hurt (y/n)."
Noah says.

"He Won't get a single chance."
I say.

"...we'll kill him?"
Noah asks.

"I hated him since i saw him with a knife to (y/n)'s fucking throat."
I growl.

"I hate A-Alex."
Noah mumbles.

Count your fucking days, Alex.