[R/D]chapter six: lightest goes first...

Toby POV~~~~~~~~~~~

We get in position towards the door of the hotel, I expect Jack to be the one to sound the siren, but I look back and see that (y/n) is already going towards it.

"Wait! Jack, stop them!"
I whisper, Jack looks back and gives a shocked expression.

"Holy shit...they got some kinda death wish, or are they just unbelievably brave?"
Jack mumbles, not taking his eyes off them.

(Y/n) hits starts the car and immediately turns on the sirens, running towards me and Jack at full speed as the dead come towards us and the raiders.

"Run if you dont wanna die!"
(Y/n) yells, I try to reach out and grab their hand, but jack pulls me back by my wrist and grabs their hand instead, pulling us both towards the hotel.

When we get in, (y/n) closes the door and pushes a long table in front of it, I wince at a sudden pain in my hand, I grab it with my other hand, attracting (y/n)'s attention.

"¿estás bien?"
(Y/n) says, looking at my hand in worry.

"Huh...?"
I mumble.

"Ah, are you okay?"
(Y/n) says, they gently grabs my wrist and pull up my jacket sleeve, there's a handprint, it must be jacks, he did grab my wrist really hard back there...

"Its just a small pain, ill be okay!"
I say, they sigh in what I think is relief, before walking off into the room next to this, as they do, I feel that feeling again.

The one in the hospital...i want them close again, i wanna hold their hand and hear their voice, their laugh...god, what kind of coping mechanism am i developing...?

"Good job on surviving that, I was half expecting you to pull some trick and fall before we got in."
Jack says with a chuckle, walking over to where (y/n) went, I follow after in a rush.

When I walk in, I see (y/n), standing by a metal door, I walk over to them in curiosity.

"What's that?"
I ask.

"The emergency exit, someone blocked it from the other side.."
(Y/n) says.

"Is there any other way out?"
I ask.

"Well, los muertos are all around every door, so our best way out of here is through higher ground, maybe we could jump to another building...we just need to get higher."
(Y/n) says.

"I didnt search the higher floors, so if that's really what we gotta do, we better be careful about it."
Jack warns.

"I'm not gonna give up."
(Y/n) says, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the stairs, jack sighs and follows.

We make it up to a very high floor without needing to shoot, I guess that engine lured the dead out from their spots, and we walk into a hotel room with a balcony that points towards the top of a store with no problems...that's a first.

"Okay, the lightest people should go first."
(Y/n) says, patting my shoulder to indicate that's me, I nod hesitantly and walk over to the balcony, but as I'm ready to jump, I look back, having second thoughts.

"C-couldnt we just wait? I'm a little scared of heights..."
I say, jack pinches my leg, making me lose my balance and making me have to jump, I thankfully make it there, and lie on my back, breathing heavily from the stress of what i thought was death.

"Fuck you zombies! I'm invincibleee!!"
Jack yells, jumping off the balcony with absolutely no hesitation, tumbling down and landing on his ass, laughing like a child.

"Alright, now it's your turn!"
I yell to (y/n), they nod and get up on the balcony, but hesitates like me.

"Fuck, I put my backpack down by the door, one second! Dont run off without me!"
(Y/n) yells, getting down from the balcony and running back into the hotel room.

"Damn, how'd you find a person like that dude? They're a total badass, I'm surprised they're running with groups with that kind of think fast luck."
Jack says.

"Just lucky I guess, they weren't gonna take me with them at first, but then some of the dead came, and they saw I couldn't protect myself, so they told me they'd bring me to Denver with them."
I explain.

"So they're a badass and noble? Damn, they're the whole package."
Jack says, whistling at the end, making me slightly...that's a little objectifying-like.

"They--"
I'm cut off from my words by a loud shriek, followed by something hitting the floor in the hotel room.

"(Y/n)!"
I yell, jumping up to my feet, Jack does the same.

"Fuck, a zombie must've snuck in while they were looking for their backpack, we gotta get back in the hotel!"
Jack says.

"How will we make it back in??"
I ask, Jack looks around and points to a hardware store.

"There, if we can get down there, we might be able to find a ladder, then we can get back up here and put the ladder in the middle of here and there, thatll let us get back up there, but we need to go quick."
Jack says, I nod, he runs over to the door leading to the stairs down inside the building, I follow after.

'Dont worry (y/n), we'll-...I'll protect you, I swear!'